Dinner - Applebees southwestern steak salad recipe
An easy southwestern salad loaded with black beans, corn, avocado, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, piquillo peppers, and tender grilled Ribeye, all topped with a fresh Cilantro Avocado Dressing! Grilled chipotle lime chicken on mixed greens and cilantro rice with house-made pico de gallo, black bean corn salsa and guacamole.
- Applebee's Steakhouse Salad
- Southwestern Steak Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Copycat Applebee’s Southwest Lime Grilled Chicken Irresist-A-Bowl
- Southwestern Steak Salad
- What are the salad options at Applebee's?
- How to make Southwest Salad Dressing?
- How do you make a steak salad at Chipotle?
- How to cook steak on the grill with salad?
Applebee's Steakhouse Salad
Number of ingredients: 17
- 1 (1 pound) sirloin steak
- 4 to 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 3/4 pound chopped romaine lettuce
- 5 ounces Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Salad: Begin grilling steak to desired doneness. Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Season if desired.
- While steak is cooking, wash romaine heads in cold water in sink with 1/4 cup salt and 1/4 cup vinegar to clean dirt and germs. Peel off outer leaves and place on bottom of large oval plate or platter. Drain and refill sink with cold water, salt and vinegar. Slice romaine lengthwise into 1 1/2-inch squares. Immerse in sink to "shock" the lettuce and to keep it crisp. Drain in colander.
- Toss 12 ounces of lettuce in large mixing bowl with blue cheese vinaigrette dressing until coated. Place on top of romaine leaves. Slice steak into 1/4 inch strips and place over salad. Shingle red onion rings at the top and tomato slices at the bottom of the plate.
- Sprinkle crumble blue cheese over salad and serve.
- Blue Cheese Vinaigrette: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons minced garlic and saute until golden, about 1 minute.
- Transfer garlic mixture to blender. Add blue cheese, white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, sugar, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil; blend well.
- Transfer vinaigrette to bowl. Mix in chopped basil. Vinaigrette can be prepared two days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
How To Make SOUTHWEST STEAK SALAD (APPLEBEE'S
23/05/2022 · It's our take on Applebee 's juicy steak and fresh salad topped with Have a delicious restaurant-quality dish at home with this southwest steak salad recipe !
Southwestern Steak Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing
Provided by: Krista
Total time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Number of ingredients: 18
- 1 lb. Ribeye Steak
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 piquillo pepper, juilienned
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet corn (I used a can)
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans (I used a can)
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serving Size: 2 cups of salad + dressing
- Calories: 345 calories
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 467 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrate: 32 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small food processor, add fresh cilantro, avocado, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and ground cumin. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove and let rest for 3 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl add lettuce, piquillo pepper, cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, orange bell peppers, avocado, and thinly sliced steak. Serve with Cilantro Avocado Dressing.
Copycat Applebee’s Southwest Lime Grilled Chicken Irresist-A-Bowl
Provided by: FoodHussy
Total time: 260 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 240 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 24
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 packet chipotle marinade
- 2 limes (juiced)
- oil & water for marinade
- 1 cup Minute rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- dash salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup black bean & corn salsa
- tortilla strips
- lime wedges
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 610 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 51.2 g
- Protein: 20.8 g
- Fat: 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
- Sodium: 920 mg
- Fiber: 12.7 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Marinate chicken overnight in chipotle marinade – add juice from 1 lime
- Prepare chicken* Air fry at 350 for 10 minutes* OR Grill pan on medium high for 10 minutesSet aside to rest
- Prepare cilantro lime rice* I use minute rice – 6 minutes – and then add 2 tbsp cilantro from tube and juice of 1 lime* can also use prepackaged, preseasoned cilantro lime blends of Minute Rice
- Prepare guacamole by mashing avocado, adding in pico, cilantro, salt and lime juice. cover and refrigerate until ready
- Prepare chimichurri by stirring together parsley, garlic, evoo, vinegar, salt and red pepper (if using fresh parsley, you’ll need to add more evoo)
- Assemble ingredients:* place romaine in bottom of bowl* top with 2/3 cup cilantro lime rice* top with 2 Tbsp each of guacamole, pico, corn & black bean salsa* top with 1 chicken breast sliced* spread chimichurri on sliced chicken* sprinkle tortilla strips on top* serve with lime wedge
Southwestern Steak Salad
Provided by: Mary Younkin
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 8-12 ounces NY Strip, flank, or skirt steak
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups Spring Mix or your favorite lettuces chopped bite-size
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1 cucumber, seeded (if desired), sliced very thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced thin or cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
- Calories: 273 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 15 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Steak Cooking Instructions
- Remove steak from the refrigerator about 90 minutes before grilling. Steak should be at room temperature before it hits the grill. Preheat the grill on high heat to make sure it is hot before grilling the meat. Rub a crushed garlic clove onto all sides of the steak. Crack fresh pepper all over the steak and rub it into all sides of the steak. Lightly sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place the steak on the grill at a 45-degree angle for 2-3 minutes, then use tongs to rotate 45-degrees and cook 2-3 more minutes. Flip the steak over and repeat. Check the temp to avoid overcooking - aim for 140°F for medium rare, as it will increase a few more degrees once removed from the grill.
- Based on how done you would like your meat to be, reduce heat to low and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes with the lid closed. A 1 1/2" thick steak should be about medium rare now, but again, this depends on thickness. Remove steak from the grill and place on a platter. Rest the steak on the platter for a full 5 minutes prior to cutting. This allows the juices and flavor to develop more fully.
- Salad Instructions
- Layer the lettuce, peppers, cucumber, onions, avocado, and cilantro onto individual plates or a large serving platter. Slice the beef thinly and then cut the strips into bite-size pieces.
- Top the salad with the steak and then sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle or toss with Chipotle Vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!