Snack - Baby Teething Crackers recipes
Baby Teething Crackers are healthy homemade teething biscuits for a nutritious baby-led weaning snack or baby teething cracker to help soothe teething pain. Plus, these baby crackers are gluten-free, sugar-free, and egg-free, suitable for kids with food allergies.
Oat Banana Cinnamon Teething Cookies +6M Vegan & GF
Yields: 14 servings
Number of ingredients: 5
- 1 banana (very ripe)
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cups oat flour (blend steel cut/old fashioned oats in a mixer up until obtaining a flour consistency)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- In a food processor add the banana + coconut oil + water. Blend into a creamy mix.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and blend to obtain a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a 1/4-inch thick sheet and cut any shape that can be easily handled by your baby: sticks, circles are the easiest.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until pale golden. Cool completely and store extras in an airtight container.
Airfyer Cookies Recipe (Gluten-free Homemade Teething Biscuits)
How to Make Healthy Teething Biscuits
Baby Teething Crackers
Provided by: Carine Claudepierre
Total time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 20 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Rice Flour (2/3 cup tapioca flour or corn flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (- optional, skip if desired)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Serving Size: 1 cracker
- Calories: 59 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients: oat flour, rice flour, baking powder, and cinnamon (if your baby is over 12 months old).
- Make a well in the center of the flours and add melted coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla essence.
- Stir with a spatula at first, then knead by hand until the dough comes together. This baby cracker dough is tough, and that's normal. You want to make hard crackers to soothe the teething pain. If the dough is too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to bring the dough into a ball.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Cut it into small long rectangles - see my pictures above for tips.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. The longer you bake the crackers, the harder they are.
- Cool on a cooling rack and store in a cookie box for up to 2 weeks in the pantry.
Homemade Teething Biscuit
Provided by: Ophira
Total time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 5
- 1 cup oats flour
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- flaxseed egg
- Make the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp of flaxseed powder with 2 tbsps of water and let it sit for 20 minutes to form a gel like mixture.
- In a bowl add the oats flour, mashed banana, jaggery powder, flax egg and oil and combine to form a dough.
- If the dough feels sticky let it sit for a while until the liquid ingredients are completely absorbed and then roll again.
- Make into long finger length shapes and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes until the corners are dark brown and biscuit hard.
- Cool completely to let the biscuits harden further.
Teething biscuit for babies
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 15 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- Wheat flour - ½ cup
- Rolled oats - ½ cup
- Fried gram/Pottukadalai - 1 tbsp
- Ajwain/Omam - 1 tsp
- Cloves/Krambu - 5
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Ripe Banana - 2
- Butter or Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Take ½ cup oats and 1 tsp ajwain in small mixie jar & grind it for just 6 pulses to make a coarse powder and transfer it to a bowl.
- Take 5 cloves and 1 tbsp fried gram in the same jar & grind it to fine(as fine as possible) powder without any bits.
- In a mixing bowl, take ½ cup wheat flour and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. If you don't have powdered cardamom, you shall add 2 whole green cardamom to the last step along with cloves, while grinding.
- Add ground stuffs from steps 1 & 2 and mix well.
- Take 2 well-ripened bananas and mash it well using fork as shown in the pics below.
- Add 1 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil to the mixed dry ingredients. Add mashed banana to it. Do not add fully. Reserve some and use, only if the dough needed more moisture. I didn't use the reserved banana shown in last pic.
- Mix all together to form a dough. The dough shouldn't be too dry with cracks. At the same time, it shouldn't be too sticky. Don't add flour to bring the consistency. Just control the addition of banana to bring the right consistency. Too much banana will make the dough sticky. So, add banana incrementally & mix. Do not knead the dough. Gently mix it.
- Grease hands with ghee or butter or oil, pinch out a ball and roll between the palms. It should be slightly taller than the middle finger.
- Place a butter paper over a baking tray and place the biscuit over it. Flatten it using thumb. Shape the sides using forefingers. Make sure to round the corners as sharp corners might hurt the gums of babies.
- The biscuit should neither be too thick(will take longer time to bake) nor be too thin(might break in baby's mouth). Pre-heat the oven in 350 deg Farenheit or 177 deg Celcius.
- Bake it in the rack lower than the middle one. Bake for 15 to 20 mins on one side until the bottom is slightly browned.
- Turn the biscuits to the other side(pic 1) and bake again for 15 to 20 mins(pic 2) until the other side is slightly browned(pic 3).
- Let it cool down in the baking tray. Leave it open in the counter-top for 12 hours. If it's soft, you can bake in low temperature for more time and leave it inside the oven to harden more. When you try to bite it, it should be lil hard for you to bite. Still, you could bite and eat it, but not like soft cookies. Babies can't bite it without teeth. Pls do read the cautions mentioned in the Tips below.