Beef - Cemitas de Lengua (Mexican Tongue Sandwiches) Recipe
A Mexican beef tongue sandwich with black beans, avocado, and crema. You are going to cook one of the rarest recipes on earth Beef tongue sandwich is just one way you can use a beef tongue.
Beef Tongue Sandwich by Rose
Provided by: Rose Selvar @potrose
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 1 - beef tongue cooked until tender
- - a little of butter
- - a little mayonnaise
- - a little mustard
- 2 slice(s) sandwich bread
- - note:
- - my son and his girlfriend bought us an electric pressure cooker for christmas and i had a beef tongue in the freezer so i decided to "break the pot in" by making my beef tongue in it. took 55 minutes.
- Wash your hands. Place the cooked beef tongue on a plate for slicing.
- Place two slices of bread on a clean working surface. Put a thin layer of butter on one slice followed by a thin layer of mustard (to your taste). On the other slice spread a layer of mayonnaise.
- Take a sharp knife and carefully start slicing the tongue beginning at the thick end (not the tip). Place the slices on one half of the sandwich.
- Top the meat with the other slice of bread forming a sandwich. Cut the sandwich in half for ease in eating it.
- Sometimes I cut my sandwich into quarters like this. This sandwich is especially good when accompanied by some bread and butter chips (our favorite sandwich pickle).
Warm Tongue Sandwich Video Recipe cheekyricho
Video cooking demonstration and recipe for a Warm Corned Tongue of Beef Sandwich. A very
Cheesy beef tongue sandwich
Royal Recipes Episode 3 Hot Tongue Sandwich full
Cemitas de Lengua (Mexican Tongue Sandwiches) Recipe
Provided by: Chichi Wang
Total time: 180 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- 1 cow or veal tongue, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 medium onions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained, 3 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 4 to 6 cemita rolls, halved and lightly toasted when ready to serve
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados
- 4 ounces fresh Mexican cheese, such as Oaxaca cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- A few leaves iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup crema or sour cream
- Calories: 769 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 59 g
- Cholesterol: 148 mg
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 886 mg
- Sugar: 12 g
- Fat: 46 g
- Serving Size: makes 4 to 6 cemitas
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Place tongue in a medium saucepan Split one onion in half and add to pot. Add cold water to cover and season generously with salt. Place on a burner over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to lowest setting. Cover and cook until completely tender, about 2 1/2 hours, topping up with extra water if necessary.
- Transfer tongue to cutting board and discard cooking liquid (or save, if desired). Carefully peel outer membrane off of tongue and discard. Chop tongue into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely dice remaining onion. Heat one tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and 3 tablespoons liquid and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside. Using a potato masher, food mill, or food processor, mash beans until chunky puree is formed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and wipe out skillet.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons oil over high heat until shimmering. Add tongue and cook without moving until well browned on first side, about 2 minutes. Toss and continue to cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To Assemble: Spread a few spoonfuls of black bean mash on the bottom half of each toasted roll. Add the tongue, then layer in avocado, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Spoon over with crema, then add the top bun. Serve immediately.
Beef tongue sandwiches
Provided by: Alireza
Total time: 270 minutes
Cook time: 240 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 16
- Beef tongue
- red pepper
- black pepper
- ground turmeric
- bell pepper
- Calories: 211 calories
- Fat: 22 grams
- How to make beef tongue SandwichChop off 2 onions
- Cut a few garlic cloves
- Cut a red Pepper
- Fry them together and add ground turmeric
- season with salt & black pepper
- Put Beef tongue in the pot with onions and fry it a little bit, let's say for 10 minutes medium flame
- Add water to the pot so that the beef submerges
- close the door of the pot[takes 4 hours] Use Pressure cooker instead[ recommended]
- chop 2 carrots into cubic shapes
- cut some mushrooms
- Slice 3 tomatoes
- Slice a bell pepper
- Cut a lettuce
- Fry carrots
- Add mushrooms into carrots and fry
- unbraid the cooked beef tongue and fry with carrots and mushrooms
- It's ready, you just need to put it on the bread and use the rest of ingredients as topping
- Also in order to make the Sauce for this classic beef tongue sandwich do the followings:
- How to make Sauce for beef tongueFinely chop parsley
- Cut a fresh lime in half
- Squeeze it into mixture of parsley and mayonnaise
- Season with salt and black pepper
PICKLED BEEF TONGUE SANDWICH BY EDDIE
Provided by: Eddie Jordan @EDWARDCARL
Total time: 330 minutes
Cook time: 300 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 1 - calf or beef tongue
- 3 quart(s) water
- 9 ounce(s) brown sugar
- 27 ounce(s) course sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black peppercorns, whole
- 1 teaspoon(s) juniper berries
- 2 - cloves
- 1 bottle(s) bouquet garni
- 1 - carrot chopped
- 1 - onion chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 - garlic bulb halved
- Put all the ingredients from the brine into a large sauce pan and stir well over low heat until the salt and sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and let cool.
- Place the tongue in a plastic container and pour the brine over the tongue using something to weigh down the tongue in the liquid. Refrigerate 4 to 5 days. On the 5th day remove the tongue from the brine and soak in fresh water overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the salted tongue in a pot along with the simmering ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 3 to 5 hours depending on the size of the tongue. The tongue is ready when very soft. Peel away the rubbery lining.
- Serve the tongue hot or cold with horseradish and mustard. For sandwiches slice thinly and use ray bread with plenty of horseradish and mustard.