Chard and cannellini bean soup recipes - Bean and pea soups
It's versatile, too: you can use any kind of potato, bean, or green, or you can even substitute butternut squash or white potatoes for the sweet potatoes. If you have a rind from a piece of Parmiggiano Reggiano, add it to the broth as you cook; if you don't, you may want to add grated Parmesan cheese to the soup.
- Tuscan Chard and Cannellini Bean Soup
- Cannellini White Bean Soup With Swiss Chard
- Sweet Potato Soup with Cannellini Beans and Rainbow Chard
- Easy Swiss Chard Recipe with Cannellini Beans
- How to cook Swiss chard with cannellini beans?
- How do you cook Swiss chard and beans in soup?
- What is cannellini bean soup?
- How many calories are in Tuscan Chard and cannellini bean soup?
Tuscan Chard and Cannellini Bean Soup
Provided by: Callinectes Sapidus
Total time: 55 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 15
- 2 slices smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed - or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese rind
- 1 bunch red or white Swiss chard
- ¼ cup uncooked small pasta, such as orzo or pastina
- 5 large fresh sage leaves, minced
- 5 leaves fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Calories: 215.2 calories
- Carbohydrate: 22.2 g
- Cholesterol: 13.5 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 493.7 mg
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon, onion, garlic, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and cannellini beans, and bring the mixture to a boil; stir in sun-dried tomatoes and the piece of Parmesan cheese rind. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook while you prepare the chard, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the stems from the chard, and slice the stems into pieces about 3/4-inch long. Cut the chard leaves into 1-inch wide ribbons. Stir the chard stems and pasta into the soup, setting aside the leaves. Reduce heat to a simmer, and gently simmer until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir the chard leaves, sage, and basil into the soup, and simmer just until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Cannellini White Bean Soup With Swiss Chard
Provided by: Jolinda Hackett
Total time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 13
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, optional
- 1/3 cup macaroni, small shells, or orzo pasta, optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories: 196 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 34 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Sodium: 1189 mg
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, Swiss chard, vegetable broth, corn (if using), macaroni pasta, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot, stirring to combine them.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium simmer. Heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until macaroni and chard are both cooked.
- Serve and enjoy your white bean and Swiss chard soup.
Sweet Potato Soup with Cannellini Beans and Rainbow Chard
Provided by: Chef AJ
Total time: 40 minutes
Yields: 6 to 8
Number of ingredients: 8
- 8 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 leeks (approximately 6 ounces), thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and uniformly cubed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound rainbow chard, leaves and stems, chopped (see notes)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup juice)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato powder (see notes)
- Chopped Italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Bring the water or broth to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the leeks. Cook for about 8 minutes until soft.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, until tender.
- Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the chard so that it wilts.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sun-dried tomato powder. Sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley if desired, and garnish with a fresh lemon twist and a sprinkling of lemon zest. Notes: With the bright-orange sweet potatoes, white beans, and rainbow-colored chard, this is a very pretty soup. But if you can’t find rainbow chard, feel free to substitute green chard, collards, spinach, or kale. Some local stores and websites carry salt-free sun-dried tomato powder. Or you can make your own at home, by grinding store-bought or homemade no-salt, no-oil sun-dried tomatoes in your blender or coffee grinder.
Easy Swiss Chard Recipe with Cannellini Beans
Provided by: Vicky Cohen and Ruth Fox
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 1 large bunch of chard (any type)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or Aleppo pepper (optional)
- 1- 15oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 137 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Sodium: 427 milligrams
- Fat: 7.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrate: 17 grams
- Fiber: 6.6 grams
- Protein: 5.7 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
- Wash the chard well and chop the leaves into large pieces, and the stem into smaller pieces and. Keep them separated
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes, making sure it doesn't burn
- Add the chopped chard stems and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the leaves, toss well and cook until it starts to wilt about, 6 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using)
- Add the cannellini beans. Gently mix well together and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, until the beans are hot
- Add the vinegar and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes