Dinner - Chicken cordon bleu meatloaf recipe
I like to think of it as a pretty standard meatloaf mix, then a filling of swiss cheese or gruyere (which I prefer), good baked ham (proscuitto is great, but any good ham will work), a honey mustard sauce, and topped off with more honey mustard and smoked or hickory bacon slices. My favorite Chicken Cordon Bleu includes rolled up layers of ham and Swiss cheese with a crunchy coating, topped with a simple sauce.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatloaf Recipe
- Meatloaf Cordon Bleu
- Individual Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatloaf, Bacon Wrapped
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- How to cook chicken Cordon Bleu in oven?
- What is a good recipe for a meatloaf?
- Can you freeze meat loaf Cordon Bleu?
- What kind of cheese do you put on chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatloaf Recipe
Provided by: Dan
Total time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 21
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices virginia ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh or panko breadcrumbs for the topping
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the meatloaf without gravy
- Calories: 372 calories
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 834.7 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 51.6 g
- Cholesterol: 42.9 mg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the ground chicken to a large bowl and mix with the egg, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, minced onion, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with cooking spray and add half the chicken mixture to the bottom of the pan spreading it out to make an even layer.
- Next layer on three slices of ham then three slices of cheese. Repeat with another layer of ham and cheese. Top the meatloaf with the rest of the chicken, spreading the layer evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from the oven and carefully top with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven for 15 minutes, covering with foil halfway through if the breadcrumbs start to get to browned.
- To make the gravy, add the butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for one minute. Next add the cream, milk, Worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard. Whisk to combine and let come to a simmer to thicken.
- After 3-4 minutes add the parmesan cheese and nutmeg, whisk to combine and taste for seasonings and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes in the loaf pan after you remove it from the oven, then carefully lift out of the pan and slice.
- Serve with sauce on the side or spooned over top.
Meatloaf Cordon Bleu
Provided by: BLEMBO
Total time: 90 minutes
Cook time: 75 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- Calories: 376 calories
- Carbohydrate: 11.4 g
- Cholesterol: 147.9 mg
- Fat: 20.9 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 877.7 mg
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and onion. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pat the meat mixture out onto a piece of waxed paper, and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Lay slices of ham onto the flattened meat, and top with slices of cheese. Pick up the edge of the waxed paper to roll the flattened meat up into a log. Remove waxed paper, seal the ends and seam, and place the loaf into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the loaf is no longer pink inside.
Individual Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatloaf, Bacon Wrapped
Provided by: SarasotaCook
Total time: 65 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 19
- 3 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup onion, very fine chopped
- 2 celery ribs, very fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 slices of fresh bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 slices baked ham
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1/3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half (hickory or smoked I prefer)
- Calories: 696.7 calories
- Fat: 33 grams
- Saturated Fat: 14.7 grams
- Cholesterol: 236.7 milligrams
- Sodium: 1098.6 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 40.1 grams
- Fiber: 1.6 grams
- Sugar: 29 grams
- Protein: 59.9 grams
- Mustard Sauce -- Simply mix the mustard and honey and set to the side.
- Meatloaf -- In a large bowl, add the onion, celery, garlic, eggs, steak sauce, worcestershire, parsley, Italian seasoning, pepper, and parmesan and mix well to combine.
- Bread Crumbs -- In a small pie plate or bowl, soak the bread slices in the milk for just 10-20 seconds and then squeeze out the liquid. Break up the bread in the bowl to add to the meatloaf mix. Stir well to combine.
- Chicken -- Add the ground chicken to the bowl and mix to combine once again. Don't over mix, it can become tough. It's done.
- Loafs -- First is to divide your meatloaf mix into 4 portions, for 4 loafs. Then layout a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray (it will keep the meat from sticking), and then top it with enough mix for 1 of the loafs. Press down flat (like a small rectangle), it doesn't have to be perfect. Just not too thin because you are going to add the stuffing and then roll it.
- Once the meat it flat, spread 1/4 cup of the mustard/honey sauce on top of the meat. Make sure to leave a 1/2" border around the edges. Then top with 1/4 cup swiss cheese, followed by 1 ham slice, 1/3 cup of the parmesan, and 1/4 cup more swiss cheese. Stuffing is done.
- Form the Loaf -- Just roll up. I start at one of the long sides, and roll (just like rolling a buritto or sandwich roll). Once it is rolled, squeeze the ends together, so nothing leaks out, and slightly squeeze the whole roll so it is tightly sealed and form like a small loaf.
- Topping -- Place all the loafs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or you could use foil. Both work great for easy clean up. Brush each loaf, the top and sides with 1/8 cup mustard sauce per each loaf. Top with the bacon slices, going horizontally across the loaf (not lengthwise). Four slices should fit nicely going across the top, and make sure the bacon hangs over the sides going down to the bottom, this will give it great flavor. Done.
- Bake -- 375 degree oven, middle shelf for about 45 minutes until golden brown and the bacon is crispy.
- Serve -- As I said, I love to put them on a big serving tray because they are so pretty, The bacon forms natural slices, so I cut 1 or 2 slices off of a couple of loafs as needed to show off the pretty rolled filling.
- Some mashed "spuds," or just a good baked potato, and some roasted asparagus in a foil pouch so NO extra pots or pans. ENJOY!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Provided by: Lauren Allen
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 8 thin slices ham
- 8 oz Swiss cheeses (sliced or shredded)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (, about 2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal (, crushed (or substitute breadcrumbs))
- 6 Tablespoons butter (, melted)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow mustard (, to taste)
- Calories: 657 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Protein: 63 g
- Fat: 35 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 232 mg
- Sodium: 951 mg
- Sugar: 2 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create two chicken breast halves. Place the chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them into thin and evenly (be careful not to pound so hard that the meat tears.).
- Top each pieces of chicken with a slice of ham and a ham handful of shredded cheese. Roll tightly, tucking the sides a little, and place on a new piece of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the chicken tightly in the plastic wrap, pinching the excess plastic on the sides to create a tootsie-roll shape and twisting them to create a firm chicken roll. Refrigerate the wrapped chicken bundles for at least 30-minutes or up to one day in advance.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from fridge, unwrap and season with salt and pepper. Add cornflakes to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add crumbs to a shallow dish or pie plate. Melt butter in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken bundles in melted butter, and then into the cornflake crumbs, pressing lightly to help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake on the center oven rack for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (160 degrees on a thermometer inserted into the chicken, not the filling.)
- Make the sauce by stirring the mayo and mustard together. Taste and add more mustard, as needed, to taste.