Dessert - Cranberry-Orange Biscotti recipes
The perfect crunchy snack, studded with tart cranberries and earthy almonds. Dried cranberries and orange peel partner in a classic twice-baked cookie made for dunking.
Cake Mix Biscotti w/ Craisins & White Chocolate
Total time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 1 box (16.5 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped craisins
- 1 teaspoon almond flavouring or extract
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/8 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients for the biscotti, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape each portion into a 12×2-in. log on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove the logs and transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Slice each log with a serrated knife diagonally into 1/2 -inch slices. Return to the baking sheets and bake for an addition 10-15 minutes, or until the biscotti are golden.
- Return to the cool rack and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl melt down the chocolate and shortening. Drizzle over biscotti.
Orange Cranberry Biscotti recipe
Cranberry Orange Biscotti with Martha White Muffin Mix
Cranberry Orange Biscotti with Martha White Muffin Mix If you, unlike Santa, left a name off
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 175 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yields: 40 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Calories: 80 calories
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
- Fat: 1/2
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Sugar: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together sugar, oil, orange peel, vanilla and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. On ungreased cookie sheet, shape half of dough at a time into 10x3-inch rectangle.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes. Cut rectangle crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Turn slices cut sides down on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes longer, turning once, until crisp and light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Cranberry Orange Biscotti Recipe
Provided by: Tastefully Simple
Total time: 90 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 24 items
Number of ingredients: 6
- 1 package Cranberry Orange Bread with Glaze Mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½-¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine Cranberry Orange Bread with Glaze Mix packet 1, butter and eggs. Mix until well combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Place on a clean surface; knead enough flour into dough to form a stiff dough.
- Transfer to a large, greased baking sheet. Form into a 12x4x1-inch rectangle. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Slice cake into ½-inch-wide slices; place slices on their side on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Turn slices over and continue baking 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In small bowl, combine Cranberry Orange Bread with Glaze Mix packet 2 and water; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled biscotti.
- Makes 24 servings.
- Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 350°F and continue with step 2.
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
Yields: 0 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Divide into two 2" logs and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 to 30 minutes until logs are golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Slice the logs diagonally into ½ inch slices.
- Return to the baking sheet and bake another 10 to 12 minutes until dry.