Dinner - Creamy dijon chicken tray bake recipes
Packed full of tender chicken, a creamy light sauce and plenty of veg Throw together chicken thighs, cannellini beans and crème fraîche with a few other ingredients for this easy traybake. For a hands-off dinner the whole family will eat, you can't beat this one-pan chicken and potato bake made from crispy chicken thighs, bacon, cream and Dijon mustard.
Creamy Dijon chicken tray bake recipe
Provided by: Alison Adams
Total time: 75 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- 8 small (about 1.5kg) chicken thigh cutlets, excess skin trimmed
- 25g Unsalted Butter
- 700g baby chat (coliban) potatoes, halved
- 150g rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 small sprigs fresh thyme, plus extra to serve
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 300ml ctn pouring cream
- 23.40 gm Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to sprinkle
- Calories: 237.87 calories
- Fat: 73.2 grams fat
- Saturated Fat: 27.1 grams saturated fat
- Carbohydrate: 39.3 grams carbohydrates
- Sugar: 3.2 grams sugar
- Protein: 44.1 grams protein
- Cholesterol: 284.9 milligrams cholesterol
- Sodium: 996.2 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat a flameproof, ovenproof baking dish over two hotplates on high. Place the chicken, skin-side-down in the dish. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes to seal. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the dish. Return the dish to the heat. Add the butter and cook until foamy. Add the potato, bacon, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Nestle the chicken into the potato mixture. Season and scatter over the thyme.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden. Combine the cream, stock and mustard in a jug. Drizzle around the chicken and potatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Scatter with parsley to serve.
Creamy Dijon chicken tray bake I taste.com.au
Nothing beats our creamy Dijon chicken tray bake! It's simple, easy and most importantly
Honey mustard chicken traybake
Creamy Dijon Chicken Thighs with Bacon and Spinach
Provided by: Karina
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 16
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt ((or regular salt))
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces (150 g) bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic, (minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic))
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry white wine ((Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauv Blanc, Riesling) -- substitute with low-sodium chicken stock or broth)
- 1 1/2 cups half and half ((thickened cream or heavy cream))
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder ((substitute with salt or stock powder))
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Calories: 403 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 6 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 181 mg
- Sodium: 881 mg
- Sugar: 3 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Season chicken with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until crispy and cooked through (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- To the same pan or skillet, add the bacon and fry until crispy. Transfer to plate, set aside. Drain some of the bacon fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons.
- Heat butter in the pan and sauté onion until transparent. Sauté garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in the white wine to deglaze the pan while scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan; simmer for 3-4 minutes or until wine has reduced by half.
- Pour in cream and Dijon, mix through and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook gently for a further minute to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add the Parmesan and allow to melt through the sauce. Season with bullion powder and pepper, to taste.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt. Return chicken to the skillet. Top with the crispy bacon. Sprinkle with extra herbs if desired. Serve immediately.
Creamy Dijon chicken and bacon casserole recipe
Provided by: GoodtoKnow
Total time: 80 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 rashers unsmoked bacon, chopped roughly
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C/350⁰F/160⁰C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Pour the oil into a large ovenproof casserole dish or deep sauté pan and heat on a medium setting.
- Add the onions, garlic and bacon and fry until lightly coloured. Lift out and drain.
- Add the chicken breasts and fry on both sides for a minute or two to brown lightly. Lift out and drain.
- Put the mustard, tarragon and lemon zest into the pan, add the stock and whisk k together until well blended. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Return the onion, garlic, bacon and chicken breasts to the pan, cover with the lid and then transfer to the hot oven.
- Cook for about 45 minutes then remove from the oven, add the peas and stir in the cream.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes. Check that the chicken is fully cooked, giving a little longer cooking time if necessary.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce, season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the chicken with the sauce poured over.
Creamy chicken, bean & leek traybake
Provided by: Esther Clark
Total time: 55 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 leeks, sliced into rounds
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 1½-2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g crème fraîche
- 1 large lemon, zested
- crusty bread, to serve
- Calories: 547 calories
- Fat: 32 grams fat
- Saturated Fat: 13 grams saturated fat
- Carbohydrate: 23 grams carbohydrates
- Sugar: 5 grams sugar
- Fiber: 12 grams fiber
- Protein: 34 grams protein
- Sodium: 1.7 milligram of sodium
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil over a high heat in a large non-stick frying pan. Season the chicken thighs and fry, skin-side down, for 5 mins until golden and crisp. Transfer, skin-side up, to a large baking tray. (If you’re doubling up this recipe, fry in batches and divide between two baking trays.)
- Fry the leeks in the pan for 5 mins or until just softened. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min more. Stir in the beans, then spoon into the tray, or trays, around the chicken. Pour the stock over the beans and season to taste. Roast for 20 mins, then remove from the oven and stir the mustard and crème fraîche through the beans. Roast for 10-15 mins more, or until the chicken is cooked through. To freeze, leave to cool completely and transfer to large freezerproof bags.
- Scatter the lemon zest over the chicken and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.