Dessert - Deep Dish Carmel Cookie recipes
This Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie is stuffed with a layer of gooey caramel and sprinkled with sea salt. These deep dish cookies boast luscious caramel, chocolatey goodness, and are unbelievably scrumptious!
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie with Caramel and Sea Salt
Provided by: Pinch of Yum, adapted from the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe
Total time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I chopped up a large piece of Scharffen Berger chocolate – yum)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel pieces (affiliate link)
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- coarse sea salt to taste
- Calories: 542 calories
- Sugar: 46.4 g
- Sodium: 228.1 mg
- Fat: 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrate: 70.7 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 79 mg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Soften the 8 tablespoons butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until partially melted. Soften the remaining 8 tablespoons for 10 seconds or until you can make an indent with your finger.
- Mix the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until creamed. Add the vanilla and maple syrup and mix again until smooth. Add the eggs; beat slowly until incorporated. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt (sometimes it helps to add the flour in batches). Mix until a smooth dough forms. The dough should feel dry to the touch – if it sticks to your hands, add a few more tablespoons of flour. I generally try to err on the side of more flour. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Melt the caramel pieces and heavy cream in the microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well until melted and smooth.
- Press half of the dough mixture into a 9-inch or larger cast iron skillet lined with parchment paper. Pour the caramel over the dough and smooth with a spoon. Cover with another layer of cookie dough. Bake for 15-25 minutes (see notes). Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt, and allow to rest for at least one hour in order for the pieces to hold their shape when cut.
Deep Dish Caramel Cookie recipe
how to make Caramel Cookie Ingredients:1 bag square soft caramels1 bag chocolate chips2
Deep Dish Carmel Cookie
Provided by: drgaul
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Cuisine: not set
Number of ingredients: 4
- 1 bag carmels
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 2 tubes cookie dough
- Vanilla ice cream
- Calories: 410 calories
- Fat: 21.78 g
- Carbohydrate: 46.728 g
- Cholesterol: 87.12 mg
- Fiber: 1.38599997639656 g
- Protein: 6.93 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.4442 g
- Serving Size: 1 1 Serving (198g)
- Sodium: 158.4 mg
- Sugar: 45.3420000236034 g
- Trans Fat: 1.56222 g
- Unwrap caramels and microwave for 45 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Press 1 tube of cookie dough evenly in bottom of pan
- Pour melted caramel on cookie dough
- Generously sprinkles chocolate chips on caramel.
- Top with another layer of cookie dough (1 tube)
- Bake at 350 F for 30 min
- Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.
- Dig in and die of happiness (responsibly).
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Caramel-Filled Cookies
Provided by: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 Ghiradelli Caramel squares, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin top pan or deep dish cookie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, cornstarch and salt, and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy, about a minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla to combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Once dough has come together, stir the chocolate chips in by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Drop a Tablespoonful of dough into the bottom of each cavity. Gently press it to cover the bottom of each cavity. Top with an unwrapped square. Top the candy with an additional Tablespoonful of dough and gently press the top dough ball to cover and enclose the candy.
- Bake the cookies for approx. 12-15 minutes or until the centers are set and the edges are golden and lightly crisped. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan about 5 minutes before gently removing to wire racks to cool completely. You can loosen them from the pan very carefully with a butter knife.
- **Note: You can also make this recipe without a deep dish cookie pan--just drop heaping Tablespoonfuls of dough 2-3" apart on a greased or silicone-lined cookie sheet.**
Caramel Chocolate Chip Deep Dish Cookies
Provided by: Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 21 minutes
Prep time: 9 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup 100% pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon date sugar
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk (we used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks. Also, Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chip Morsels can be used.), divided
- Caramel Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 3 small 5-inch ramekins (5 inches across) with almond butter, and set on a cookie sheet. (Makes 3 cookie desserts).
- In a small bowl, make the caramel sauce by combine the Caramel Sauce ingredients, almond butter and maple syrup. Blend until mixed well and smooth. Pour equally into the 3 greased ramekins. Smooth out the caramel. It is sticky. Do the best you can to smooth it out. Don’t worry if you can’t get it completely smoothed out. It will melt evenly across the bottom once in the oven.
- Place 6 to 7 chocolate chips on top of the caramel mixture, set aside.
- Cookie Instructions
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, baking powder, date sugar, and cinnamon. Then add the applesauce, vanilla, almond butter, and plant milk to the dry ingredients. Stir together until just combined (no mixer is required).
- Then evenly distribute the cookie batter into the 3 ramekins, smooth out the cookie batter on top of the caramel/chocolate chip mixture.
- Evenly distribute approximately 7 to 8 chocolate chips on top of the cookie batter, push them down a little bit so they are secure in the cookie batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 21 minutes or until the cookie is set.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!