Dinner recipe with breakfast sausage - Sausage dinner recipes and dinner ideas
This sausage casserole is breakfast sausage cooked with peppers and onions, then combined with hash browns, eggs and cheese and baked to golden brown perfection. Sweet and savory Jimmy Dean® Maple Pork Sausage, cranberry and sage-stuffed chicken is truly a delectable way to end your day.
Maple Sausage Stuffed Chicken
Total time: 80 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- Pork Sausage Rolls: Maple
- onion, chopped
- chicken broth
- butter or margarine, divided
- 3½ cups plain dry bread cubes
- dried cranberries
- 4½ teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- ground red pepper (cayenne)
- bone-in chicken breasts with skin (3¾ pounds), with pocket cut in each for stuffing (see Tip)
- ground black pepper Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large saucepan on MEDIUM heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add sausage, bread cubes, cranberries, sage and red pepper; stir just until moistened.
- Fill pocket in each breast with about ¼ cup stuffing. Secure openings with wooden toothpicks.
- Place chicken, skin-sides up, in shallow baking pan. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until chicken is done (165°F). Remove toothpicks. Garnish chicken with parsley, if desired.
Meat Lover’s Sausage Stromboli
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- Pork Sausage Rolls: Regular
- spaghetti sauce
- pepperoni slices (1.5 ounces)
- (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- dried oregano
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into 17x12-inch rectangle. Spread sauce to within 1 inch of edges; top with pepperoni, sausage and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold lengthwise in thirds, slightly overlapping edges in center. Tuck short sides of dough under loaf; pinch all edges together to seal. Place, seam-side down, on large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Make small cuts in top of dough to vent. Brush with oil; sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool minutes before cutting into 8 slices to serve.
Provided by: Sara Welch
Total time: 55 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (casings removed)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 ounces fresh or frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- cooking spray
- Calories: 308 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 249 mg
- Sodium: 640 mg
- Sugar: 3 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the sausage and break up with a spatula into bite sized pieces. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned and mostly cooked through. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the onions and peppers, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Place the cooked vegetables, sausage and hash browns in the baking dish, stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until thoroughly blended. Add the cream, milk and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and vegetables in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into squares and serve.