Dessert - Double ka Meeta recipes
Serve Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe (Traditional Indian Bread Pudding) as a dessert after a meal of Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani Recipe and Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita Recipe. If you like this recipe, try more recipes like Kerala Style Banana Dosa Recipe Karantaka Style Seke Undlaka/ Undlige Recipe (Mini steamed sweet dumplings Recipe)
- Bread halwa recipe | bread ka halwa recipe
- Double ka Meeta
- Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe (Traditional Indian Bread Pudding)
- Shahi Tukda | Shahi Tukra Recipe
- Why is it called Double Ka Meetha?
- What is Shahi Tukda made of?
- What is the origin of Shahi Tukda?
- How many calories does Shahi Tukda have?
Bread halwa recipe | bread ka halwa recipe
Provided by: HEBBARS KITCHEN
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 5 slice bread (white / brown)
- 3 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tbsp raisins / kishmish
- 1 tbsp cashew / kaju
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- firstly, trim the sides of 5 slices of bread and cut into pieces.
- now in a large kadai heat 3 tbsp ghee and roast 1 tbsp raisins and 1 tbsp cashew. keep aside.
- add in bread pieces and roast for 2 minutes.
- roast till the bread slices turn golden and crisp.
- further add 1 cup milk and soak all bread pieces.
- boil for 2 minutes or until the bread turns soft.
- mash the bread pieces well stirring continuously.
- cook till the ghee starts to separate from sides.
- add in ¼ cup sugar and stir well.
- sugar dissloves and the starts to separate from pan.
- cook till a lump is formed.
- now add in roasted cashes, raisins and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. mix well.
- finally, serve bread halwa hot or can be stored for 2 days.
EASY SWEET RECIPE WITH BREAD|DOUBLE KA MEETHA
Shahi tukda or shahi tukra recipe
How to make double ka meetha
Double ka Meeta
Total time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- Bread – 9 slices
- Milk – 2 1/2 cups
- Sugar- 3/4 – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Kesari color – a pinch (mix it with a little milk)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Ghee – 1 tbsp for frying nuts
- Raisins – 10
- Cashew nuts – few
- Pistachio – few
- Toasted almonds – few
- Remove the edges of the bread, cut it diagonally and sun dry it or air dry it (under the fan) so that it does not absorb much oil.
- Deep fry the bread in oil until brown on low flames to prevent the bread from getting burnt. Keep it aside. Traditionally it is deep fried in ghee but I have used oil.
- Fry raisins, cashew nuts in ghee separately. Keep it aside.
- Boil milk and add kesari color to it.
- Take just enough water to soak the sugar. Add cardamom powder and boil the sugar water. Prepare sugar syrup. The sugar syrup should neither be thin nor thick.
- Add the fried bread to the sugar syrup and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add milk, simmer and cook uncovered till it reaches a semi solid state. It should not be dry.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, pistachio, raisins and toasted almonds.
- Enjoy it warm or cold as it tastes great both ways. I prefer to have it warm.
- Note – Both the milk and the sugar syrup should not be hot as there are chances of the milk curdling. So make sure, the milk is at room temperature while adding to the sugar syrup or the sugar syrup should be at room temperature.
Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe (Traditional Indian Bread Pudding)
Provided by: Hina Gujral
Total time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 items
Number of ingredients: 9
- 10 Whole Wheat Brown Bread
- 1/2 liter Milk
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Rose water
- 8 Whole Almonds (Badam), blanched and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sultana Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Ghee, or oil, for frying bread slices
- To begin making the Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe we will start by boiling sugar with the water to make the sugar syrup.
- Stir continuously, till tiny little bubbles are seen on the surface of the liquid. This indicates that the syrup is ready. Once done, keep it aside, allowing it to cool down.
- In the next step, boil milk with the cream in a deep bottom pan on medium heat. We need to condense the milk until it becomes half its quantity and the milk is thick and creamy.
- Make sure you keep stirring the milk occasionally else it will stick to the bottom of the pan and can get burnt. Once the milk is condensed, turn off the heat.
- Take the bread and cut each slice diagonally into two.
- Heat oil in a skillet and shallow fry the bread slices, turning them occasionally until they turn golden brown on both sides. Once done, turn off the flame and allow them to cool.
- To prepare the Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe, preheat the oven to 180 C. Take a rectangular baking tray and grease it evenly with ghee or oil.
- Arrange the bread slices in the baking tray in such a way, so that the entire tray is filled. Pour in the milk/cream mixture, rose water and sugar syrup over the bread slices evenly.
- Keep this aside for about five minutes, so that the bread slices can soak in all the liquids.
- Sprinkle the almonds and raisins on top of the bread and cover the pan with aluminium foil.
- Bake the Double Ka Meetha in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the liquids are almost dried up and thicked. Allow the bread pudding to rest once done, without removing the seal.
- Your tasty and delectable Double Ka Meetha is ready to eaten as a wonderful dessert option after a meal of Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani Recipe and Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita Recipe.
Shahi Tukda | Shahi Tukra Recipe
Provided by: Swasthi
Total time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 6 slices bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ghee ( or ¾ cup ghee (for deep frying))
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon rose water
- 3½ cups milk ((or use condensed milk))
- 4 tablespoons sugar ((for making the Rabri))
- 1 Pinch saffron (( kesar))
- 20 Almonds ((soaked for 4 hrs, optional, refer notes))
- ¼ cup pistas (or mixed nuts)
- 3 tablespoons khoya /mawa ((optional))
- Calories: 308 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 42 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
- Sodium: 206 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 29 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Air dry or sundry the bread for 3 to 4 hours. You can also toast them on a pan. Do not use moist bread or bread from the fridge directly as they tend to absorb lot of ghee and have to fry longer to make crispier.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsps hot milk.
- Making Rabri
- Method - 1 Bring milk to a boil in a wide pot. Reduce the flame to low and continue to boil until the milk reduces to half. Then add sugar and saffron. Boil for another 5 mins. Set aside & cool this.
- Method - 2 Grind peeled almonds with 3 tbsps. Sugar, cardamom powder and ¼ cup milk to a very smooth paste. Pour to the 3 ½ cups milk and boil on a low flame till it reduces to almost 2 cups. Set aside to cool.
- You can also chill the rabdi until you serve.
- Making sugar syrup for shahi tukda
- Mix sugar with water. Boil and bring to a 1 string consistency. Switch off the flame. Add rose essence.
- Remove the brown edges and cut the bread diagonally. Each slice into 2 or 4 as you desire.
- On a low flame deep fry the bread evenly till they turn golden and crispy. Alternately you can smear ghee over the bread and pan till they turn crispy. Set aside.
- How to make Shahi Tukda
- Immerse these bread slices in the sugar syrup one after the other and place them in a serving plate.
- Just before serving pour the cooled rabri over the bread slices and garnish with toasted pistas. You can also sprinkle koya over it.
- Serve shahi tukda warm or chilled.