Egg foo young carb count recipes - Main course
0gVegetable Egg Foo Young (1 serving) Calories: 250, Fat: 10g, Carbs: 0g , Protein: 10g Show full nutrition information
If you're craving Chinese takeout, you'll want to try this Keto Egg Foo Young recipe! These Chinese omelettes are a takeout favorite that can be easily made at home with only 5 basic ingredients.
Keto Chicken Egg Foo Young
Provided by: Lisa MarcAurele
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 14.5 fl ounces chicken broth
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Calories: 243 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 452 mg
- Sodium: 1105 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Beat eggs in a large bowl and then stir in remaining ingredients for the omelette.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, drop about 1/2 to 2/3 of omelette mixture into pan at a time. Brown each omelette on both sides, about 2-3 minutes each. Remove each cooked omelette to a plate.
- Heat chicken broth, stevia, tamari (or coconut aminos), and xanthan gum in a saucepan over medium high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Eggs Foo Young
Number of ingredients: 6
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts, fresh
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and diced (or beef)
- 1/3 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup mushrooms, stems and pieces (drained)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1. Beat eggs with electric mixer (or by hand) until very thick and light, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Fold in bean sprouts, chicken or beef, mushrooms, and onion.
- 3. Heat oil in frying pan over moderate heat.
- 4. Pour egg mixture by half cupfuls into the pan. Brown on one side; turn and brown the other side. Keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- 5. Mix sauce ingredients in small saucepan until smooth.
- 6. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 7. Serve sauce over patties.
Shrimp egg foo young
Provided by: Linda Kurniadi
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 5 chicken eggs
- 3/4 cups shrimp (deveined, peeled, chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Egg Foo Young
- Beat the eggs with shrimp and cabbage
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and scoop about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet to make a patty. Fry until golden brown
- Whisk together tomato ketchup, garlic, sugar, and chicken broth (or water if you're making a vegetarian version) in a saucepan over medium-low heat until the sauce simmers and thickens. Add salt; then drizzle over the egg foo young
Keto Egg Foo Young
Provided by: laura
Total time: 13 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 16
- 6 Eggs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ c Onion chopped
- 1 c Shredded cabbage
- 1 c La Choy Chop Suey Vegetables well drained
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped scallion for garnish
- Keto-friendly oil for frying
- 1 c Beef broth
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 ½ tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ -1 tsp Xanthan gum
- Calories: 0 calories
- Carbohydrate: 0 grams carbohydrates
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams cholesterol
- Fat: 0 grams fat
- Fiber: 0 grams fiber
- Protein: 0 grams protein
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams saturated fat
- Sodium: 0 grams sodium
- Sugar: 0 grams sugar
- Trans Fat: 0 grams trans fat
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 grams unsaturated fat
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place ½ tsp of sesame oil in the skillet, and add in the chopped onion and chicken pieces. Cook for several minutes until the onions begin to soften, and the chicken is cooked through. Allow the chicken to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, chop suey vegetables, cabbage, 1 tsp sesame oil, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken mixture to the egg mixture, and combine well.
- Heat a deep sided skillet filled with cooking oil on the stove. You can use any keto friendly oil you wish, such as avocado or coconut.
- Once heated, drop ¼ c of the egg mixture into the oil at a time. You can cook 3-4 “pancakes” at a time. Flip the small egg pancakes 2-3 times with tongs while cooking.
- Once cooked through and browned, remove the egg pancakes, and place them on paper towel lined plates or a rack to allow the oil to drain.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Add 1 c beef broth, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tsp Swerve brown sugar substitute, 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 ½ tsp of rice vinegar to the skillet. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in the xanthan gum a ¼ tsp at a time, whisking it in as you go. Allow the sauce to cook down a bit before adding more. Continue to add xanthan gum until your sauce reaches your desired thickness.
- Serve the Egg foo young with the accompanying sauce, and store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.