Appetizer - Fried potato balls with cheese recipes
Here's what you need: mashed potato, green onion, cooked bacon, garlic powder, black pepper, eggs, cheddar cheese, flour, bread crumbs, oil, salt Quick and easy cheesy appetizer or side dish anyone can make! potato corn cheese balls - a perfect cheesy snacks option
- Cheesy Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- Cheese balls recipe
- Loaded Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls Recipe by Tasty
- Cheesy Potato Balls Recipe
- What are cheesy fried mashed potato balls?
- How do you make potato balls with cheese?
- How do you make fried potato balls?
- How to cook potato cheese balls in the air fryer?
Cheesy Fried Mashed Potato Balls
Provided by: Joanie Simon
Total time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yields: 14 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 6 small russet potatoes – peeled and cut into quarters
- water for boiling
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1/2 c milk (I used whole, but 2% or skim work, too)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 1-oz square cubes of cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 ½ c panko
- frying oil (enough to fill a frying pan 1 inch deep)
- Boil potatoes in salted water until cooked through and easily mash-able
- Drain off water and place potatoes back in the pot
- Thoroughly mash with 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp granulated garlic and 1/2 tsp salt
- Once potatoes have cooled and are easy to handle, scoop out some potato with your hand (approximately 1/4 to half cup…depending on the size you want your balls).
- Roll the mashed potato scoop into a ball and the take a piece of cheese and press it into the center of the ball, rolling the ball more to cover up the hole and ensuring the cheese is in the center. If you need help covering the hole, just add more mashed potatoes, like edible spackle. Repeat until you’ve used up all the mashed potatoes (approx 16 large size potato balls).
- Once all balls are formed, heat up the oil over medium high heat to a desired temp of 375F and pre-heat oven to 250 degrees with a cooling rack inside. The oil should be deep enough so that a ball can be half submerged.
- Take a ball and roll it in the the flour, dusting the outside. Then roll it in egg, coating it. Allow excess egg to drip off and roll the ball then in panko. The egg should cause the panko to adhere.
- Place panko coated ball in the frying oil and allow to sit for 45 seconds undisturbed, then turn it in the oil once a minute until browned and crispy on all sides.
- Once fully browned, using tongs, place finished balls on the cooling rack in the oven to keep warm and cook through the cheese.
- Repeat with each ball, dredging in flour, egg, panko, frying and placing in the oven.
- Serve the potato balls warm so that the cheese is melty.
- Optional garnish can include your favorite marinara or fancy ketchup.
Cheesy Potato Balls
Cheese balls recipe
Provided by: Jinoo Jayakrishnan
Total time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
Number of ingredients: 15
- 3 medium potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp green chilli (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/8 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp boiled corn
- 3 tbsp mozarella cheese (grated)
- 10 small cubes mozarella cheese
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- In a mixing bowl, take the mashed potatoes and mix onions, ginger, green chilli, pepper powder, red chilli flakes, coriander leaves, salt, boiled corn and grated cheese.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Pinch a ball and flatten it.
- Place a cheese cube in centre, pack it and make balls.
- prepare all the balls.
- Mix flour, salt and water to a slurry.
- dip the cheese balls in flour slurry followed by rolling in bread crumbs.
- repeat the process. dip in flour slurry, roll in crumbs. keep all the coated balls ready and freeze for 1 hour.
- heat oil and deep fry the balls in medium heat. Keep turning sides until all sides are golden.
- take out, strain the excess oil and serve hot with mayo and tomato sauce.
Loaded Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls Recipe by Tasty
Provided by: Tasty
Yields: 7 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- 4 cups mashed potato, leftover/cold - prepared to your liking
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- ¾ cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- cheddar cheese, block - cut into small cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- Calories: 792 calories
- Carbohydrate: 132 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 26 grams
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Cut cheddar cheese block into small cubes.
- Place cold mashed potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add green onion, chopped bacon, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 egg - mix well.
- With lightly floured hands - pick up a tablespoon sized ball of potato mixture and flatten into a small pancake. Place a cube of cheddar in the center and wrap the potato mixture around the cheese. Repeat.
- In three separate bowls, add flour, remaining egg (whisked) and breadcrumbs. Coat the potato ball in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Coat once more with egg and once more with bread crumbs. Set aside - store in fridge while you wait to fry.
- In a medium pan heat oil over medium/high heat (to approximately 350˚F (180˚C). Fry the potatoes in batches until browned on all sides.
- Transfer fried potato balls to paper towels to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 400˚F (200˚C).
Cheesy Potato Balls Recipe
Provided by: admin
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 7 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 3 pcs large-sized potato (mashed (see mashed potato tips above))
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 pcs egg
- 7 pcs small cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups cooking oil (for frying)
- Calories: 224 kcal
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg
- Sodium: 328 mg
- Carbohydrate: 39.3 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Season mashed potato
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potato, 1 egg, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Form potato
- Scoop a part of the mashed potato (about 1 tablespoon) mixture and flatten it, forming a small pancake. Place the cheddar cheese cube in the center and wrap the mixture around the cheese, forming a ball. Repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Coat potato
- In three separate bowls, add-in flour, 1 whisked egg, and breadcrumbs. Dip the potato balls in flour, then whisked egg, and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil
- In a medium cooking pan, pour-in and heat the cooking oil in medium to high heat.
- Fry potato
- Add-in the potato balls. Deep-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Use paper towels to drain excess oil and transfer to a serving plate with a dip of your choice. Serve and enjoy!