Dinner - Ham leek and mushroom pie recipes
This savory mushroom, ham and leek quiche is made with a rich egg custard, spiked with gruyere cheese and baked in a flaky pie shell. Ham and mushroom with a tradition A perfect make ahead breakfast or brunch recipe that's great for holidays like Christmas or Easter.
Ham, leek and mushroom pie
Provided by: Tesco Real Food
Total time: 70 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 13
- 2.5kg (5 1/2lb) cooked bone-in ham joint
- 40g (1 1/2oz) butter
- 500g (1.1lb) leeks, sliced
- 250g (10 1/2oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 500ml (17fl oz) chicken stock
- 80ml (3fl oz) crème fraîche
- 15g (1/2oz) chopped fresh tarragon
- a pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 375g (12 1/2oz) pack Tesco lighter ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Calories: 1203 calories
- Fat: 71 grams fat
- Saturated Fat: 28 grams saturated fat
- Carbohydrate: 31.3 grams carbohydrate
- Sugar: 3 grams sugar
- Fiber: 4.9 grams fibre
- Protein: 106.9 grams protein
- Remove 600g (1lb 3oz) of ham from the cooked joint and cut it into bite-sized chunks. Wrap the leftover joint in foil or place in a lidded airtight plastic box and store in the fridge. Use within 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Melt the butter in a lidded frying pan over a medium heat, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the leeks, cover and cook for 10 minutes more, until softened, adding the garlic for the last 2 minutes.
- Next stir in the flour, then turn up the heat and gradually pour in the stock, stirring all the time. Bring to the boil and cook for a couple of minutes until the mixture thickens a little. Remove from the heat and add the crème fraîche, tarragon and ham and season to taste. Spoon the filling into a 2 litre (3 1/2 pint) pie dish and place it on a baking tray.
- On a floured surface, unroll the puff pastry. Cut a pastry strip the same width as the lip of the dish, wet the edge of the dish with a little of the beaten egg and fix the strip around it. Brush the top of the pastry strip with egg, then carefully place the remaining pastry on the dish. Trim the edges of the pastry and crimp to seal. Cut a slit in the middle of the pie to allow the steam to escape. Use any leftover pastry to cut out shapes to decorate the pie. WATCH: How to crimp pastry Play Video
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake for 25‑30 minutes until risen and golden.
HAM & MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE
Slimming World Ham Leek & Mushroom Pie
Turkey ham and leek pie
Turkey ham and leek pie. 2,742 views2.7K views. Dec 24, 2021 Chicken breast with pasta
Bacon, Leek and Mushroom Pie
Provided by: Bord Bia
Total time: 80 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 500g cooked ham/bacon, cut into chunks
- 50g butter
- 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 100g mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 tablesp. of flour
- 250ml milk
- 1 tablesp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablesp. fresh tarragon or flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten with a little milk
- Calories: 662kcal
- Fat: 43g
- Protein: 39g
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, (400°F).
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat, add in the butter then gently sauté the leeks, onions and mushrooms until soft. Add in the flour and cook for a minute, then gradually stir in the milk.
- Continue to cook, stirring all the time until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Then add in the ham, mustard, tarragon and black pepper, then check for seasoning.
- Pour into a pie dish. Cover with a sheet of puff pastry, brush with the beaten egg, make a slit in the top of the pie and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Serve with green salad with tomatoes and cucumber.
Ham And Mushroom Pie
Provided by: Sorted
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 500 g cooked ham or gammon
- 50 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 568 ml milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 large field mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic and sweat off in a pan with the bay leaves and a shot of oil. Cube the ham into bite-sized pieces and slice the mushrooms, dumping them both into the cooked onions for 3-4 minutes. Then leave to one side.
- Melt the butter in a clean pan and then beat in the flour to form a paste. Splash in the milk a little at a time, stirring continuously and allowing the mixture to come back to the boil each time before adding more milk.
- Crumble the stock cube into the white sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes to cook out any raw taste of the flour. The sauce should be thick, but smooth and velvety. Pour the sauce into the mushroom and ham mix and combine.
- Wash and chop the parsley then add to the sauce with a crack of black pepper. It is unlikely to need much salt because of the ham and stock cube. Slop the mixture into an oven proof dish.
- Unroll the pastry on a floured surface and cut out a piece just larger than the pie dish. Crack the egg into a bowl and use to brush around the edges of pie dish, before draping the cut pastry over and pushing down to seal.
- Brush the entire pie with egg wash and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden all over. Serves 4
Ham Mushroom Leek Quiche
Provided by: Lisa Lotts
Total time: 105 minutes
Cook time: 75 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 15
- 2 ounces dried fancy mushrooms (like porcini, morels, lions head, shiitake, etc.)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 large leek
- 1/4 cup finely diced pancetta ((optional))
- 1 cup diced ham
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 9" recipe cream cheese pastry (or store bought crust)
- Calories: 305 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 13 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 205 mg
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- SOAK THE DRIED MUSHROOMS
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let the mushrooms soak in the hot liquid for 30 minutes to rehydrate. Remove from the water, gently squeeze out excess water and pat dry with paper towels. Roughly chop the mushrooms and set aside.
- CLEAN THE LEEKS
- Fill a medium bowl with water.
- Trim the root and dark green tops of the leeks and save for vegetable stock. Slice the leek (white and pale green parts) in half lengthwise, then cut them into half inch pieces crosswise.
- Add the leeks to the water and swish well with your hands to dislodge the dirt and grit that grows between the layers of the leeks.
- Lift the leeks out of the water and transfer to a salad spinner. (Do not pour the leeks and water out together). Spin the leeks until they're dry. Set aside.
- HEAT THE OVEN AND PREPARE THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place the crust in a 9" pie plate and press the pastry gently to adhere to the bottom and sides of the dish. Keep crust refrigerated until ready to bake.
- SAUTE THE INGREDIENTS:
- Add the pancetta to a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pancetta renders its fat and crisps up. Use a slotted spoon to drain excess fat off the pancetta and transfer it to a dish lined with paper towels.
- Add the chunks of ham to the rendered pancetta fat (or add a drizzle of olive oil) and sauté the ham until it's crispy and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the ham to the plate with the pancetta.
- Add the fresh mushrooms to the pan and cook until browned, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a separate bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the cleaned leeks and sweat them until they're tender and translucent, about 4-6 minutes.
- ASSEMBLE THE EGG CUSTARD:
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, milk and half and half. Whisk to combine. Add the rehydrated mushrooms, pancetta, ham, sautéed mushrooms and leeks to the egg custard. Stir in the gruyere cheese.
- Transfer the filling to the pie crust and use a spoon or spatula to spread the filling ingredients evenly in the shell.
- Place the quiche in the oven and cover lightly with a large piece of tin foil to prevent the crust from burning. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, then remove the foil. Continue to bake until the center of the quiche is set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- FOR MAKE AHEAD QUICHE:
- Cook the quiche until set (as described above) then let it rest until it comes to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate the quiche until you're ready to serve. Remove the quiche from the fridge 30 minutes before reheating to take the chill off. Heat the oven to 300°F. Lay a piece of foil over the pie and reheat in the warm oven for 25-30 minutes until heated through. Serve.