Snack - How to make simple macaroni recipes
(image credits- istock)If you are a pasta/macaroni lover, then you need to try these recipes- Baked Macaroni, Macaroni Pasta Soup, White Sauce Pasta, Masala Pasta and Pasta Salad. You just need to boil the macaroni on one side, saute the veggies on the other and finally mix them together to get a final dish.
Macaroni Recipe: How to Make Macaroni Recipe
Provided by: TNN
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 5 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 250 grams pasta macaroni
- 4 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 Numbers yellow bell pepper
- 1 Numbers red bell pepper
- 1 Numbers capsicum (green pepper)
- 2 Numbers onion
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 50 grams cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 0 As required salt
- 1/4 cup corn
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 420 cal
- To prepare this delicious dish, take a clean chopping board and chop all the vegetables after washing them. Keep aside the chopped vegetables for later usage. Now, add macaroni to a pot along with water. Add 1/2 tsp salt and give a mix. Now let the macaroni cook on a medium flame until soft.
- Next, take a wok and put it over medium flame. Heat butter in it. Once the butter melts, add onions, corn and bell peppers to it and saute the vegetables in order to tenderize them. Keep stirring them to keep them crunchy. Dont cover with a lid, otherwise the vegetables will limp.
- After sauteing the vegetables, add tomato ketchup to it. Stir well and then add chilli powder, white pepper powder and salt in the wok. Stir once again and cook the veggies for 5-7 minutes. Finally, add boiled macaroni to the wok and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the prepared macaroni to a plate and garnish with grated cheese (optional). Serve hot. Pair up a beverage of your choice with this scrumptious macaroni recipe to make it a wholesome meal.
Easy 3-Ingredient Mac and Cheese Recipe (One Pot)
Easy Macaroni recipe at home | Simple and Tasty macaroni desi style
How to make Masala Macaroni in a pressure cooker in just 10mins by Farm to table Ingredients
3 Easy kid's favourite pasta
Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe
Provided by: Laura
Total time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- ▢ 8 oz elbow macaroni uncooked
- ▢ 2 TBS butter
- ▢ 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- ▢ ½ tsp sea salt
- ▢ ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional but recommended)
- ▢ 1 cup whole milk
- ▢ ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ▢ 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Serving Size: 0.5 cup
- Calories: 271.1 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 25.3 g
- Protein: 12.3 g
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 41.7 mg
- Sodium: 351 mg
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions. Be sure to add ¼ tsp salt to the water used to boil the noodles. Drain, and set aside.
- Mix flour, sea salt, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute until mixture is slightly brown.
- Add 1 cup milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and whisk until smooth.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the mixture is thickened (about 3-5 minutes). Do not let it boil.
- Once mixture is thick (sticks to the back of the spatula), reduce heat to low and add cheese. Whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Taste and add more salt/seasoning if desired.
- Add cooked pasta to the pot of cheese sauce and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Let the mac and cheese cool for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese sauce has thickened a little bit and sticks to the noodles. Serve warm!
Provided by: Usha
Yields: 0 servings
- Calories: 240 calories
- Fat: 9 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
- Boil macaroni in water, adding a little oil and salt, till it becomes soft. , Strain macaroni and run it under cold water to separate them. , In a pan, pour a tsp of any vegetable oil, and fry the finely cut onions till light pink in colour. , Grind the tomatoes, garlic and green chillies finely. Add this puree to the fried onions. , Add the red chilli powder, cream, butter, tomato ketchup, salt and sugar. , When it is done, add the macaroni and after stirring it well, cover the pan and keep it on very low flame for about 2 to 3 minutes. , Serve hot.,
Provided by: Dassana Amit
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Number of ingredients: 19
- 1 heaped cup macaroni or elbow macaroni (or 125 grams macaroni)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil ((can use sunflower oil or olive oil))
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic (or finely chopped garlic or 3 to 4 small garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions (or 1 medium onion, finely chopped)
- 1 cup tightly packed finely chopped tomatoes (or 3 medium tomatoes or 180 grams tomatoes)
- 1.25 to 1.5 cups chopped mix vegetables (like carrots, green beans, cauliflower, capsicum, baby corn, potatoes etc)
- ¼ cup green peas (– fresh or frozen)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt (as per taste)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mixed dry herbs (– basil, thyme, oregano, parsley etc)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Calories: 174 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 457 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- cooking macaroni
- In a pan, heat 3 cups water and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Add 1 heaped cup macaroni (125 grams macaroni). stir with a fork.
- Begin to cook macaroni on medium to high flame till they are al dente – meaning they should have a slight bite to them.
- Drain all the water and keep cooked macaroni aside.
- cooking vegetables
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Lower the flame. Add ½ teaspoon minced garlic or finely chopped garlic. You can also add ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste instead.
- Sauté till the garlic is light brown or till its raw aroma goes away.
- Next add ⅓ cup finely chopped onions.
- Mix and sauté onions on a medium-low flame stirring often till they become translucent.
- Next add 1 cup tightly packed finely chopped tomatoes. mix well.
- Cover the pan with lid. In between do check when cooking tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes on a low to medium-low flame till they soften and become pulpy.
- Lower the flame and then add all the spice powders one by one.
- Mix and sauté the spice powders for some seconds till you get a nice aroma from the spice powders.
- Then add 1.25 to 1.5 cups of mix vegetables. Also add ¼ cup green peas.
- Season with salt as per taste and mix very well.
- Pour 1 cup water and mix again. Cover the pan with lid.
- On a medium-low to medium flame simmer till the vegetables are cooked. In between do check and if the water has become less you can add some more water.
- making macaroni pasta
- Once the vegetables are cooked and tender, add the cooked macaroni.
- Mix well and cook for a few more minutes till all the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Lastly add 1 teaspoon mixed dry herbs – basil, thyme, oregano, parsley. mix again.
- Check the seasonings and add more of salt or herbs if required.
- Serve macaroni pasta hot or warm. You can top with some grated cheddar or vegetarian parmesan cheese or cream before serving.
- Garnish the pasta with some finely chopped coriander leaves or parsley or any fresh herb of your choice before serving.