Dessert - Kahlua cream cheese pie recipe
Miniature mocha and Kahlua cheesecakes with a crunchy Oreo cookie base, cool sour cream topping, and fudge sauce. Kahlua infused cheesecake in a chocolate crust topped with mounds of Kahlua whipped cream makes Kahlua and Cream Cheesecake out of this world I am not sure if it is to be served frozen or not.
Kahlua Cream Cheese Cup Pies
Provided by: Tracy
Total time: 240 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 19
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) butter (melted)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (3oz) semisweet chocolate, chopped ((high-quality chips are fine))
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon (7g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon (17g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Calories: 263 kcal
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until they are crushed into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until butter is incorporated.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cups, about a tablespoon of crumbs each. Use your fingers or a shot glass to press the crumbs down firmly so they cover the entire bottom of each cup. Set aside.
- Lazy person/no food processor instructions: Skip the butter and the food processor and stick an Oreo at the bottom of each cup. Done.
- Kahlua Cheesecake
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the sugar and beat at medium speed until sugar is incorporated.
- Add egg and beat on medium until completely smooth.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and heavy cream. With your microwave on medium power, heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Test your chocolate to make sure it is not too hot before you add it to the cream cheese mixture. If it is too warm to comfortably touch, set aside for a minute or two until it cools slightly.
- Add slightly cooled chocolate to cream cheese mixture and beat until incorporated. Add sour cream, Kahlua, espresso, vanilla, and salt. Mix well, scraping the sides and bottom so no white streaks remain.
- Divide mixture evenly between cupcake cups, filling just under 3/4 full. It should make exactly 12 cup pies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges look set. Middles will still be a little jiggly, but will finish cooking as they cool.
- Cool on the counter for 20 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator. Chill for at least an hour.
- Fudge Sauce
- Once your cheesecakes have chilled, in a small pot, combine water, sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk together over medium heat. Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture thickens (if you run a spoon down the center of the pot it should take a couple of seconds to fill back in).
- Remove from heat. Mixture will thicken as it cools and should be the consistency of thick syrup. If it is too runny, you can return it to heat and simmer for another 30 seconds to a minute. Allow to cool slightly before using.
- Sour Cream Top
- While your sauce cools, preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, sugar, vanilla and salt. Spoon evenly over cheesecakes, about a tablespoon each. Smooth tops so no cheesecake shows through.
- Scrape all of the cooled fudge sauce into a disposable plastic bag (spread bag open over a cup to make transfer easier) and snip a very small piece off of the corner. Draw three straight lines across each of the cheesecakes and drag a butter knife across them to make the design. Wipe knife off between each stroke.
- Bake for 4 minutes, until tops look slightly shiny and glazed. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
No-Bake Kahlua Cream Pie
Provided by: Julianne Dell
Total time: 330 minutes
Prep time: 330 minutes
Yields: 16 servings
Number of ingredients: 17
- 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder or ground coffee
- Dash of salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Oreo cookies (14.3 oz)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- hot fudge sauce for garnish
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- For the pudding:
- Prepare all the ingredients prior to starting. Place the egg yolks in a separate bowl and set side.
- In a medium saucepan, add the flour, sugar, espresso powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- Next, add the milk, Kahlua, and vanilla extract to the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking constantly.
- Once the mixture is warm (but not boiling) pour about ¼ cup of it into the bowl with the egg yolks and whisk vigorously to temper the yolks.
- Immediately pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan and continue whisking over medium-low heat to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Whisk the pudding until it starts to thicken, then add the chocolate chips and continue whisking until the pudding starts to bubble and become thicker.
- Strain the pudding through a fine sieve once or twice, rinsing the sieve in between.
- Pour the pudding into a medium bowl and cover with clear plastic wrap (placing directly on the surface of the pudding), then poke a few holes in the plastic wrap with a toothpick.
- Allow the pudding to cool on the counter for at least 1 hour before refrigerating. Refrigerate 2-3 hours until the pudding has cooled and is firm.
- Once cooled, place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- To prepare the whipped cream, pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold the prepared whipped cream into the cooled pudding until it’s completely mixed. Set aside and prepare the crust.
- For the crust:
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by lightly greasing the edges of the pan with cooking spray, and then wiping gently with a paper towel.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated. Pour the crumbs into your springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Pour the filling in the prepared crust, spreading evenly and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours to allow the filling to reset.
- For the topping:
- Prepare another batch of whipped cream by placing your bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. To prepare the whipped cream, pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the borders of the pie with whipped cream using a large open star tip. Garnish with hot fudge sauce and mini chocolate chips. This pie must stay refrigerated.
Kahlua and Cream Cheesecake
Provided by: Gail Dickinson
Total time: 160 minutes
Cook time: 120 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Kahlua
- ¼ cup hot water
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup Kahlua
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla
- 2¼ cups Brownie Brittle or other chocolate wafer cookie, crushed
- ½ cup melted butter
- Calories: 719 calories
- Carbohydrate: 41 grams carbohydrates
- Cholesterol: 205 milligrams cholesterol
- Fat: 53 grams fat
- Fiber: 0 grams fiber
- Protein: 9 grams protein
- Saturated Fat: 28 grams saturated fat
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Sodium: 391 grams sodium
- Sugar: 21 grams sugar
- Trans Fat: 1 grams trans fat
- Unsaturated Fat: 20 grams unsaturated fat
- Put Brownie Brittle into a ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin (or food process it until it is crumbs). Put in the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan and mix in the melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour onto prepared crust.
- Wrap the pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil and set in a baking dish. Pour water into the baking dish until it is half way up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake in a 300°F oven for 2 hours. The top should be golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Mix gelatin into hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- It's very important to have a cold mixing bowl and beaters and cold ingredients for this next part. I put the whipping cream in my mixing bowl and put the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 20 minutes before making whipped cream. I also make sure everything else is well chilled before I start.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add Kahlua and gelatin and beat until stiff. If it's still too liquidy, refrigerate for an hour to give the gelatin time to work and then beat again).
- Top cheesecake with Kahlua whipped cream.
- Garnish with Ferrero Rocher candies if desired.
Provided by: Oolala
Total time: 320 minutes
Cook time: 300 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
Number of ingredients: 6
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- instant coffee, for garnish
- Calories: 492 calories
- Fat: 30.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 15.8 grams
- Cholesterol: 175.9 milligrams
- Sodium: 177.1 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 47.8 grams
- Fiber: 0.4 grams
- Sugar: 38.9 grams
- Protein: 3.5 grams
- Press the ready made pie crust into a 9" spring form pan.
- Whip the cream until very stiff.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar and add the Kahlua.
- Fold all together and put in the pie shell.
- Sprinkle with instant coffee on top for decoration.
- Freeze 4-5 hours.