Pickles - Kerala Mango Pickle recipes
Combine chopped raw mango with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Set aside for 2 hours. Heat 2 – 3 tbsp gingelly oil in a kadai over medium heat. Splutter mustard seeds and fry fenugreek seeds until...
The taste, color, preparation, and the spices used vary from place to place. Depending on the size of the raw mangoes, the number of mangoes will vary.
Kerala Style Mango Pickle
Provided by: Shalini
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 1 large raw mango, diced small (It will come to 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/4 cup gingelly oil/ sesame oil/ til ka thel
- Salt, to taste
- Add salt and 1/4tsp asafoetida to the chopped raw mango. Mix well and set aside for 6 hours or overnight.
- Next day, heat gingelly oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Keep the flame in low and add red chili powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder and the remaining asafoetida. Mix well and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from flame and add to the 'marinated' mango. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in a refrigerated upto a week.
Mango Pickle Kerala Style
02/06/2019 · IngredientsMango – 2 cupCoconut oil – 3tspMastard seed- 1tspGarlic – 4 garlic clovsGinger-1 big pieceAsafoetida – 1tspChillipowder-3tspFenugreek powder – 1ts
Kerala Easy Mango Pickle / Pacha Manga Achar/Onam
Kerala Mango Pickle
Provided by: ManekaNirmal
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 20 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 1 no Mango (large)
- 1/4 cup Red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Uluva)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (Kayam)
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1/4 cup Gingelly oil/cooking oil
- Cut the mango into small dices and remove the pit.
- Add salt and turmeric and keep it aside for 5-6 hrs.
- Add red chilly powder and mix it well.
- Roast fenugreek seeds, dry grind it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and when they start to splutter, add asafoetida.
- Allow it to cool.
- When the oil becomes room temperature, mix it with the mango pieces.
- Add the roasted fenugreek powder and mix well.
- :- Serve Manga Pickle with rice and curd.
Provided by: Shaan Geo
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 45 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- Raw Mango (പച്ചമാങ്ങ – 3 Nos (medium size))
- Garlic (വെളുത്തുള്ളി - 20 Cloves)
- Chilli Powder (മുളകുപൊടി - 2 Table spoons)
- Turmeric Powder (മഞ്ഞള്പൊടി - ½ Tea Spoon)
- Black Pepper (കുരുമുളക് - ½ Tea Spoon)
- Mustard Seeds (കടുക് - 2 Tea spoons)
- Fenugreek Seeds (ഉലുവ - 1 Tea Spoon)
- Asafoetida Powder (കായം - 1 Tea spoon)
- Coconut Oil (വെളിച്ചെണ്ണ - 4 Table Spoons)
- Salt (ഉപ്പ് – 1¼ Table Spoon)
- Wash the mangos and dry it well. Chop it into small pieces along with the skin.
- Transfer the chopped mango into a bowl. Add 1¼ table spoon of salt and toss them well.
- Slice the garlic and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and put pepper corns, mustard and fenugreek seeds. Remove from the flame when all of it (mustard and fenugreek seeds) has spluttered. Crush it and sprinkle it over the mango pieces.
- Make a paste of chilli and turmeric powders by adding ½ cup of water.
- Heat 4 table spoons of coconut oil in a pan. Put sliced garlic and sauté well till it turns golden brown.
- Now, add the chilli and turmeric powder paste. Boil it for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat. Proceed to add 1 tea spoon of asafoetida powder and mix it well. Allow this mixture to cool completely.
- Once it has cooled, add this to the mango pieces and combine well so that all the pieces are coated well.
- Transfer the mango pickle to an air tight and dry container. (Use only glass or plastic jars.)
Nurukku Manga Achar | Kerala Style Instant Mango Pickle For Sadya
Provided by: Dassana Amit
Total time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Number of ingredients: 9
- 300 gram green mangoes,
- 3 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder (or red chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or add as per taste)
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sesame oil, (about ¼ cup, add more if required, can use sunflower oil or mustard oil too)
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds ((rai))
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds ((methi dana))
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida ((hing))
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- preparing the pickle
- Rinse the mangoes and dry them with a clean kitchen towel. There should be no trace of moisture on them. Peel their skin. To peel is optional.
- Chop them into small bite-sized pieces or cubes. Chopping is a bit tough, so use a good knife and be careful of your hands.
- The chopped mango cubes should be about 1 to 1.25 cups.
- Place them in a mixing bowl or wide dish.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt on the mango cubes.
- Mix everything nicely with a spoon.
- The masala should nicely coat the mango cubes.
- tempering the pickle
- Heat sesame oil in a small vessel or tadka pan.
- Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
- Once they start crackling, add the curry leaves.
- Fry for 1 to 2 seconds and then switch off the heat.
- Pour this hot tempering over the masala coated raw mango cubes.
- Mix everything with a spoon.
- Allow to cool and store the pickle in clean, sterilized glass bottles.
- The Nurukku Manga Achar is ready. Serve as a side dish in Sadya meals or any of your favorite meals.