Lemon thyme white wine sauce recipes - Main course
I can also recommend this delicious garlic and thyme sauce with a lovely fresh piece of white fish fillet such as hake. Lemon beurre blanc sauce combines lemon juice, shallots, butter, white wine, and crème fraîche into a light but creamy sauce, perfect for fish.
CREAMY LEMON THYME CHICKEN
Provided by: Catalina Castravet
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/3 cup lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh thyme
- Serving Size: 2 serv
- Calories: 547 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 27 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Fat: 45 g
- Saturated Fat: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 149 mg
- Sodium: 1296 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper on both sides and set aside.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms, set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is almost melted, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate nearby. Cover with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the white wine to the skillet to deglaze it. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and the sliced mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until mushrooms are just tender.
- Add the lemon zest, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, into the sauce and simmer on low for 3-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Stir a few times.
- Remove from heat, garnish with fresh lemon and fresh thyme.
- Serve on its own, with warm, crusty bread for dipping or over pasta.
Easy Weeknight Lemon Thyme And White Wine Chicken Recipe
Lemon, Thyme and White Wine Chicken Recipe
Garlic and Thyme Sauce
Provided by: Marna Ross
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Cuisine: Sauces and Salsas, Winter Sauces, Chicken Sauces
Number of ingredients: 6
- 60 ml butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 60 ml white wine
- 125 ml cream
- 10 ml fresh thyme such as Gold leaf thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Calories: 109 calories
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Step 1
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat and saute the finely chopped fresh garlic over low heat until soft
- Step 2
- Add the white wine and heat until boiling point
- Step 3
- Add the cream and fresh thyme and lower heat
- Step 4
- Cook and reduce a bit until the sauce is thicker and season with salt and black pepper to taste
Salmon Fillets with Lemon-Thyme Sauce
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange salmon on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil next 5 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan over high heat until mixture is reduced to generous 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Strain sauce into heavy small saucepan, pushing hard on solids to release as much liquid as possible. Set saucepan over very low heat and whisk in butter 1 piece at a time. Whisk in lemon juice; season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer salmon to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce
Total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 to 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 8 ounces (16 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into 16 pieces
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lemon juice, wine, and shallots to a boil. Continue boiling the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens slightly.
- Add the crème fraîche and boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the butter, 1 cube at a time, and whisk, allowing each piece to fully melt before adding the next one.
- When the last of the butter has just melted, remove the pan from the heat and strain out the shallots if desired.
- Season the beurre blanc sauce with salt and pepper and serve immediately.