Breakfast - Low fat low calorie breakfast recipes
Note: We typically have our clients use one whole egg and several egg whites since the whites are higher in protein but lower in calories, so they're very filling in a small amount of calories, but the yolks are where all the good nutrients like vitamin D, omegas, vitamin B12 and antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin that help fight off macular degeneration., etc, are, so we give them the best of both worlds. You only need eggs, cheese, bacon, spinach, onions, and bell peppers to make this delicious, nutritious, freezer-friendly recipe, perfect for busy mornings!
Low-Calorie Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe for Weight Loss
Provided by: Izzy
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- Non-stick cooking spray ((It's important to use non-stick cooking spray, as the regular oil spray won't prevent eggs from sticking.))
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked bacon (crumbled (I use store-bought pre-cooked bacon, but you can cook your own if inclined))
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup onions (diced)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ((I use pre-shredded cheddar cheese, you can use your favorite cheese such as mozzarella))
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- How to cook egg muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick oil spray and set aside.
- Wash, dry and dice red bell pepper and onions. Dry spinach and chop it roughly.
- Add cooked bacon, red bell pepper, onions and spinach in each muffin tin, about 2/3 full. (Divide evenly among greased muffin cups.)
- In a large measuring cup, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. (I recommend using a measuring cup for easy pouring.)
- Add in the egg mixture and fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- As soon as you take the muffins out from the oven, run a small spatula around the edges of each muffin to loosen.
- Remove them from the muffin tin. Serve warm immediately or freeze for meal prep.
- How to freeze egg muffins:
- Let baked egg muffins cool down completely.
- Wrap them in plastic wrap individually and place them in a freezer-safe zip-lock bag. (They’ll last for up to 3 months when stored properly in the freezer.)
The Most Satisfying Weight Loss Breakfast
Provided by: NutritionTwins.com
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- You can use these ingredients to make two recipes!
- Option 1:
- 2 slices whole wheat toast (can substitute a ¾ cup cooked oatmeal or quinoa)
- 1 Egg plus 3 egg whites*
- veggies, any (optional, but recommend)
- Oil in a spray jar
- 1 cup berries
- Cinnamon, to taste, about 1 tsp.
- *You can substitute the whole egg for 6 egg whites if you are someone who needs large volumes of food to feel full. The protein will be higher and the calories will be slightly less, just be aware that you will miss out on the healthy nutrients in the yolks, mentioned above.
- Serving Size: 2 slices whole grain bread, 1 egg, 3 whites, 1 cup strawberries
- Calories: 303 calories
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 23 g
- On stove top: Spritz oil in a pan and add veggies stir until they soften, add egg and scramble. Meanwhile toast bread, or prepare oats in microwave, and when eggs are cooked, place on bread or serve with oats. Add berries and cinnamon to the oats or simply add the cinnamon on top of the berries. Have berries on the side! Yum!
- In microwave: Note--this is not for everyone. We realize some people prefer not to microwave their eggs while other love having them ready to go in less than 3 minutes. Simply beat eggs with spices of choice in microwave-safe bowl until blended. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Then stir. Microwave until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer. This may vary depending on your microwave. Serve immediately with toast.
Low Calorie Breakfast Sandwich
Provided by: Paula
Total time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
Prep time: 1 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Number of ingredients: 5
- 1 light English muffin
- 3 tablespoon egg whites
- 1 (2 ounce) turkey sausage
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Calories: 200 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 1 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- Sodium: 87 mg
- Sugar: 1 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Cook sausage in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side
- Cook egg whites 50 seconds in microwave. Remove and salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread cheese on English muffin and toast while sausage and egg are cooking.
- Build your sandwich and enjoy!