Mushroom sauce for fish recipe - Main course
Fish in Mushroom Cream Sauce is a simple dish of a lightly breaded pan fried fish served on a creamy sauce with mushrooms, the delicate texture and flavours are lightly enhanced by hints of lemon. This is the Fish in a Pouch with Mushroom Sauce recipe.
Fish in Mushroom Cream Sauce
Provided by: Raymund
Total time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 6 pcs medium sized dory fillets
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 200 g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp cup flour
- 100 grams butter
- 2 pcs small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt and freshly ground black pepper together then place in a large bowl.
- Season dory fillets with salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice then set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Lightly dredge fish fillets in flour mixture then pan fry them until golden brown on both sides. Set it aside.
- In a separate pan add small amount of oil then cook mushrooms for a minute. Once cooked remove from pan then set it aside.
- Add butter then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add flour and cook until it forms a roux.
- Gently pour milk while mixing until it forms into a smooth thick sauce.
- Add the nutmeg and mushrooms, simmer for a minute.
- Add the fish then continue to simmer for one more minute. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
Fish Fillets with Creamy Mushroom Sauce// Easy Recipe
Serves 4 INGREDIENTS : 300 g. frozen fish fillets 1/2 can of creamy mushroom soup 2 Tbsp
Easy Oven-BAKED FISH WITH A TOMATO MUSHROOM SAUCE
Fish Fillet And Mushrooms Sauce |Very Simple Recipe
Cod with Mushrooms, Garlic & Vermouth
Provided by: Leslie Pendleton
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- 4 Tbs. cold unsalted butter
- 10 oz. white or baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 3-1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt; more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper; more to taste
- Four 6-oz. skinless cod fillets
- Serving Size: 4 serving
- Calories: 280 kcal
- Fat: 110 kcal
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- In a heavy 12-inch skillet, melt 3 Tbs. of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring only occasionally, until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add the vermouth, 3 Tbs. of the parsley, the vinegar, salt, and pepper and boil until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, lightly season the cod with salt and pepper and add it to the pan (tuck under the tails if necessary to even out the thickness), nestling the fillets into the mushrooms and spooning some of the mushrooms on top.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat, cover the pan, reduce to medium low, and simmer until just cooked through (use the tip of a paring knife to check), 7 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. With a slotted spatula, transfer the fish to serving plates or a platter. Over low heat, whisk the remaining 1 Tbs. butter into the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve sprinkled with the remaining 1/2 Tbs. parsley.
Pan-Fried Fish With Bacon-Mushroom Sauce
Provided by: twissis
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces button mushrooms (sml size & sliced thinly)
- 4 large white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Calories: 428.7 calories
- Fat: 33 grams
- Saturated Fat: 19 grams
- Cholesterol: 158.7 milligrams
- Sodium: 255.3 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 12.6 grams
- Fiber: 1.2 grams
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
- For Bacon-Mushroom Sauce:.
- Put bacon & onion in a sml saucepan over med-heat. Stir constantly & cook for 2 min or till onion is soft.
- Add cream, shallots & cornstarch blended w/water. Stir constantly till mixture boils & begins to thicken.
- Add mushrooms, simmer for 1 min & set aside.
- For Fish Fillets:.
- Dredge fish fillets in flour & shake off any excess (I just shake them gently in a sml plastic bag filled w/the flour).
- Heat butter in a lrg frying pan, add fish in a single layer & cook over med-heat for about 4 min on ea side or till fish is tender.
- To Serve: Spoon sauce equally over ea fish fillet & serve immediately (I also sprinkle the final assembly w/fresh parsley & a few capers).
- NOTE: If the sauce becomes thicker than desired, warm gently over low heat & add sml amts of milk or cream to thin it to your desired consistency.
Fish in a Pouch with Mushroom Sauce
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 8 oz (250 g) mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry sherry
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) white fish fillets fresh or thawed
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; add mushrooms
- green onions
- lemon juice and sherry. Simmer
- 5 min; remove lid; cook a little longer for liquid to reduce.
- Stir in flour; cook 2 min. Remove from heat; whisk in milk. Return to heat and bring to a boil
- stirring constantly; cook until very thick. Stir in parsley; season to taste.
- Lightly butter 6 pieces of foil or parchment paper. Place fish fillets on foil or parchment
- season with a little salt and pepper and cover with sauce. Wrap securely and bake in oven about 10 to 15 min or until fish flakes when tested.
- Pouches may be individually served or the fish may be removed from packages and arranged on a serving platter.