Desserts - Pineapple supreme cake mix recipes
This version of the classic cake is made from scratch and features a light and tender white cake topped with canned pineapple slices and maraschino cherries.u00A0 This pineapple dream cake is perfect for your next cookout! Our pineapple frosting is made with crushed pineapple and makes enough for a two-layer cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Provided by: Jen
Total time: 78 minutes
Cook time: 48 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 16
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- sliced pineapple, 6-8 canned slices or use fresh
- 15-20 maraschino cherries
- 1 and 3/4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature preferred
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapple or use fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Calories: 514 calories
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- u00A0Place 1/4 cup of melted butter into a 9x2 inch (deep dish) round cake pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Top with pineapple slices and arrange cherries between the pineapple slices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in the sugars vigorously getting out any brown sugar lumps - mixture will be gritty. Whisk in egg, sour cream, milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract until combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick.
- Pour/spoon batter into prepared pan. Make sure it's not overflowing-- this recipe makes enough batter for a deep dish pan. If you find there is too much batter, make a couple cupcakes (20 minutes bake time) on the side. Bake for at 40-48 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil at the 20-minute mark to avoid over-browning. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake on top of a cake stand or a large serving plate. Slice and serve warm, room temperature, or even cold. Pineapple upside down cake is traditionallyu00A0served with whipped cream - it's a delicious combination.u00A0
- To Store: Cover cake and store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Pineapple Dream Cake
Provided by: insanelygood
Total time: 80 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package whipped topping
- Calories: 314 cal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x13-inch pan with oil or butter, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the sour cream and crushed pineapple to the batter and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 33 to 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the whipped topping. Whisk the pudding and drained crushed pineapple until combined. Gently mix in the whipped topping.
- Spread the whipped cream frosting over the cooled cake. Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Slice and enjoy!
Cake Mix Cookies - Pineapple Upside Down Cookie
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 5
- 1 (15.25 oz) box pineapple supreme or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, pineapple, brown sugar and eggs.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, place cookie dough on baking pan. Place 1 cherry in center of cookie dough and push down half way.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Allow cookies to sit on baking pan for 10 minutes. Use a metal spatula to pull cookies off pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Easy 4-Ingredient Pineapple Frosting
Provided by: Diana Rattray
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 16 servings
Number of ingredients: 4
- 6 tablespoons crushed pineapple, well drained, juice reserved
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Calories: 162 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Sugar: 28 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Serving Size: Serves 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place a mesh sieve over a bowl and, from the canned pineapple, strain the pineapple juice into the bowl. Set the juice aside.
- Measure 6 tablespoons (about 1/3 cup) of crushed pineapple into a small bowl and set aside. Refrigerate or freeze any remaining crushed pineapple and juice for another use, if desired.
- Add butter to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth and pale.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the 6 tablespoons of crushed pineapple and just enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make it spreadable. Beat to blend thoroughly.
- Spread over cake layers or cupcakes. If desired, add more crushed pineapple and spoon the mixture over a Bundt cake.