Pit boss grill chicken breast recipes - Dinner lunch
We decided to do a little southern variation on grilling poultry, so this hand pulled chicken recipe includes a zesty white BBQ sauce which was made famous in the great state of Alabama. Chicken breasts are perfectly seasoned with my go-to sweet BBQ dry rub then smoked until tender and flavorful.
Smoked Sweet & Tangy BBQ Chicken
Provided by: Rachel Riesgraf
Total time: 80 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 16
- 4-5 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each black pepper, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white distilled or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, chili powder and paprika
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper ((or to taste))
- Make the BBQ Sauce. In a small saucepan, combine all of the BBQ sauce ingredients and simmer over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, or until sauce thickens to desired consistency. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Make the Dry Rub. While the bbq sauce simmers, mix together the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken. Drizzle the chicken breasts with a little olive oil and rub it around on all sides. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the dry rub. Let the chicken marinate while you prepare the grill.
- Preheat the smoker. Preheat the grill to 225 degrees F.
- Smoke over indirect heat. Place the chicken on the smoker and close the lid. Smoke for about 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees F. Using a thermometer is the best way to ensure you don't overcook and dry out the chicken.
- Finish over direct heat. Generously baste both sides of the chicken with bbq sauce and finish cooking over direct heat. Sear on both sides until nicely charred and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Let rest. Remove the chicken to a plate and loosely cover with tinfoil. Rest for about 10 minutes before serving to let the carryover cooking increase the internal temperature to 165 degrees F.
- Serve. Serve the chicken with more BBQ sauce for dipping.
Smoked BBQ Chicken Breast
Juicy BBQ Chicken Breast on the Pit Boss 456D Pellet Grill
HOW TO SMOKE A CHICKEN BREAST
I like the PitBoss 4 series vertical smoker but the one you used seems so simple to use. Any
Grilled Hand Pulled Chicken & White BBQ Sauce
Provided by: Ryan Gatchel
Total time: 120 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 13
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of half of a Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Champion Chicken
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Mayo
- ½ teaspoon Paprika, Powder
- 1, 3-4 pound Chicken, Giblets Removed and Patted Dry
- Pit Boss Fruitwood Blend Hardwood Pellets
- Basting Brush
- Kitchen Shears
- Mild with fruity undertones, Pit Boss All-Natural Fruit Premium Barbecue Hardwood Pellets enriches your pork, poultry, seafood, and baking.
- Serving Size: 4 serving
- Start up your Pit Boss. Once it’s fired up, set the temperature to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. Divide the sauce between two bowls and set aside.
- On a clean, flat surface, lay your chicken breast side down. Using the kitchen shears, remove the spine and discard. Open the chicken up and flip the chicken over so that it lays breast side up. Press the breastbone down with the heel of your hand to flatten the chicken.
- Generously rub the chicken with the olive oil and Champion Chicken. Place on the grill, skin-side up, on the grates. Grill for 1 ½ hours, basting with half the reserved sauce every 20 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 175°F. Remove the chicken from the grill and cover loosely for 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with forks and discard the skin and bones. Serve the chicken with the remaining white BBQ sauce.
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 3 (cut into 1 inch cubes) Chicken Breast, Raw
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Pound of Button (destemmed and cut in half) Mushroom
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 red (cut into quarters and seperated) Onion
- 1 green (cut into large chunks) Bell Pepper
- 2 TbspPit Boss Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub
- 2 TbspSoy Sauce
- Wooden kabob skewers
- Large, shallow baking dish
- Pit Boss Competition Blend Harwood Pellets
- Serving Size: 6 serving
- To make the marinade: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub. Add the chicken and mix well. When the chicken is covered completely, allow it to marinate for 2-12 hours.
- In a large, shallow baking dish, soak the kabob skewers for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Once the chicken has finished marinating and the skewers are finished soaking, drain the water from the skewers and remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Start your Pit Boss on “smoke”. Once it’s fired up, set the temperature to 350˚F.
- Thread a piece of chicken, followed by a piece of pepper, mushroom, and onion. Repeat until the skewers are full.
- Grill the kabobs for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for 5 more minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180˚F. Remove from the grill and serve.
Zesty Smoked Chicken Breast Recipe
Provided by: Charlie
Total time: 360 minutes
Cook time: 120 minutes
Prep time: 240 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 5
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Calories: 500 kcal
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Step 1 - Prepare the Marinade
- Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and ginger.
- Grate the ginger and garlic.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oil, and brown sugar.
- Step 2 - Marinate the Chicken
- Place the marinade in a container or zip lock bag.
- Place in the chicken breasts.
- Ensure the entire chicken breast pieces are covered with marinade mix.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and let sit for 5-6 hours, or overnight.
- Step 3 - Prepare the Smoker
- Pre-heat the smoker pellet grill to 225°F.
- Fill with the chosen type of wood chips.
- Step 4 - Smoke the Chicken
- Place the chicken on the grill grates, in indirect heat.
- Smoke until the internal temperatures reach 165°F.
- Check with a digital thermometer or meat probe thermometer.
- Step 5 - Serve the Chicken
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove it from the grill.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes of rest.
- Serve and enjoy!