Pork neck dipping sauce recipe - Main dishes
This marinated grilled pork neck with a tart and spicy tamarind dipping sauce is a easy way to bring some powerful Thai flavor to the table, and it's perfect for a summer cookout! Pair it with sticky rice and nam jim jaew (Thai chili dipping sauce) and I guarantee that you’ll be satisfied!
Thai Grilled Pork Neck (Kor Moo Yang) Recipe
Provided by: Nart
Total time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Number of ingredients: 6
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon black soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1.5 pounds pork neck
- In a large bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, black soy sauce, ground white pepper and water to make a marinade.
- Add the pork neck to the bowl. Take a fork and prick some holes into it so that the pork will absorb the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with food wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes .
- After 30 minutes, turn your convection oven on at 437°F or 225°C. Place the pork on a grilling rack and cook for 30 minutes, turning the other side up halfway through.
- Turn off the oven. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and slice to serve with steamed rice or sticky rice, nam jim jaew and fresh vegetables.
Thai Grilled Pork Neck & Spicy Dipping Sauce Recipe
Pork Neck Roast Thai Style
Grill Pork Neck with Spicy Dipping Sauce Thai Style
3 Dipping Sauces in Thai Style - น้ำจิ้ม 3 แบบ ง่าย ๆ สไตล์ จิม · 15 Minute me Kurkuri Rasili Jalebi Recipe Hindi - कम सामान में जलेबी की
Thai Style Grilled Pork Neck Recipe
Provided by: Chichi Wang
Total time: 510 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon fish sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon juice from one lime
- 3 pounds pork neck, belly, or shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 ounces dried tamarind (see note)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 bird's eye chili, thinly sliced
- Calories: 658 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 195 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 54 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Sodium: 1483 mg
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 43 g
- Serving Size: four to six
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup fish sauce, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and lime juice. Place pork neck in a nonreactive container, then pour in all the marinade and mix to distribute evenly. Cover, refrigerate, and allow to marinate at least overnight and up to 2 days.
- Slice tamarind into a few pieces. Place the pieces in a small bowl and add 1 cup boiling water. Let soak for 20 minutes, then mash the tamarind with your fingers. Pour the mash and its liquid into a strainer placed over an empty bowl. Press down on the tamarind pulp with your fingers until only the seeds and fiber are left in the strainer. Discard the contents of the strainer. Add remaining fish sauce and sugar along with sliced chilis and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the pork from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Grill the pieces of pork over indirect heat in a covered grill, until meat is tender and the surface is charred, about 45 minutes. Alternatively, place pork on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, cover with foil, and roast in a pre-heated 350°F oven until tender and charred, about 45 minutes. Let rest 20 minutes, then slice and serve with tamarind sauce.
Thai Grilled Pork Neck
Provided by: Bear Naked Food
Total time: 28 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 450 g pork neck – slice into 2-inch strips
- 2 pieces coriander root
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp peppercorn or ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp maggi seasoning sauce (substiture with soy sauce if unavailable)
- Spicy Dipping Sauce –
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice*
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce*
- 4 fresh small red chilli – thinly sliced (remove seed to reduce heat level)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp white sugar*
- 2 stalks coriander leaves – finely chopped
- *adjust to taste
- Slice the pork neck into 2-inch strips and place into a ziploc bag or large bowl.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound all the dry ingredients together.
- Add in oyster and maggi seasoning sauce and stir well. Taste and adjust with more seasoning if needed.
- Pour the marinade all over the pork and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or for best result, overnight.
- minutes before cooking, take out the pork.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by combining all the ingredients (except coriander) in a bowl and mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Taste and adjust with more lime, sugar or fish sauce if needed. Set aside.
- Heat up a grill pan and lightly oil the grill.
- When the pan is slightly smoking, carefully add in the pork strips.
- Lower heat and grill each side for about 3 – 4mins (depending on the thickness). Total cooking time should be about 6 – 8 mins. They should look slightly charred on the outside.
- Remove and set aside to cool for 5 mins before cutting.
- Mix chopped coriander to the dipping sauce and serve.
Grilled Pork Collar with Northeastern Thai Style Spicy Dipping Sauce
Provided by: Unilever Food Solutions
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 13
- 1000.0g Pork Collar, cut into pieces
- 6.0tbsp Vegetable Oil (for marinating)
- 20.0g KNORR Aroy Sure All-In-One Seasoning Pork Flavoured 800 g
- 200.0g KNORR Concentrated Tamarind Sauce 1 kg
- 100.0g KNORR SELECTIONS Fish Sauce 4500 ml
- 150.0g Palm Sugar
- 2.0tbsp KNORR Lime Seasoning Powder 400 g
- 1.0tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1.5tbsp Roasted Rice, ground
- 2.0tbsp Shallots, sliced
- 2.0tbsp Spring Onion, chopped
- 2.0tbsp Culantro, cut
- 1.0tbsp KNORR Aroy Sure All-In-One Seasoning Chicken Flavoured 800 g
- How to Prepare the Pork Collar
- Cut pork collar into pieces and rinse clean with water. Marinate the pork with vegetable oil and Aroysure All-In-One Pork Flavoured Seasoning. Set aside for 20 minutes. Grill the pork on a pan or a grill until both sides are fragrant. Cut the pork into bite-size pieces.
- How to Prepare the Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Add palm sugar, Knorr Concentrated Tamarind Sauce, Knorr Premium Fish Sauce, Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder, Aroysure All-In-One Chicken Flavoured Seasoning. Blend well then add chilli powder, ground roasted rice, red onion, spring onion, and culantro. Season to your taste.
- Put the pork on banana leaf to give the feel of local food.Serve with fresh vegetable, spicy dipping sauce and hot sticky rice. Check out otherrecipesfrom our expansive collection of recipe choices.