Pies - Pumpkin dream pie recipes
adapted from kraft recipes This is an easy one for a quick dessert- good for parties, or when you want a sweet treat at home...but fall isn't chilly enough yet to have that oven going. Deliciously creamy pumpkin delight dessert layered with a cream cheese filling and pecan nut crust.
Pumpkin Dream Pie
Provided by: Leslie Bowles @honeysuckle
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 5
- 1 can(s) pumpkin (small)
- 1 large pkg. vanilla instant pudding
- 1 large cool whip
- 1 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 - 9 inch graham cracker crust
- Mix pumpkin, vanilla instant pudding, Cool Whip and pumpkin pie spice together. Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust. Place in the refrigerator to set overnight.
Pumpkin dream pie
Provided by: Barbara Miller @Barbara_Miller
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- 2 cup(s) ginger snaps, crushed
- 3 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 2 package(s) dream whip topping mix
- 2 3/4 cup(s) cold milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 package(s) (3.9 oz) pumpkin flavored jello instant pudding mix
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- for crust.... combine cookie crumbs , sugar and melted butter in a bowl. (you can use margarine, yuk, if you want too.)
- butter or spray a 9" pie pan. i'm using a clear glass deep dish pie pan.
- pour crumb mixture into pie pan. press with fingers to spread the crumbs evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. try to smooth the top edge.
- bake for 10 minutes. allow to cool completely before filling.
- for the filling..... beat the topping mix, 1 cup of milk and vanilla with electric mixer at high speed 6 min or till stiff peaks form. (whole milk works best)
- add remaining milk and pudding mixes. beat on lowest speed till blended. then, beat on high 2 min, scrape bowl as needed. mix till no white streaks seen. pour into cooled crust.
- refrigerate 4 hours till chilled and firm.
Easy Pumpkin-Whip Pie
Provided by: kayla carnage
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 6
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, no-bake
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 1 cup milk, any percent
- pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Calories: 455.9 calories
- Fat: 25.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 13.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 6.8 milligrams
- Sodium: 397 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 55.1 grams
- Fiber: 4.3 grams
- Sugar: 28.8 grams
- Protein: 4.6 grams
- Mix 1 cup milk and 1 pacakge 3.4 oz Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix into mixing bowl with a whisk, for one minute. (Feel free to add a little tiny bit extra milk if it seems REALLY thick-but keep in mind, it's pie -- you want it to set rather firm.).
- Mix into bowl 1/2 15oz can of Pumpkin Pie Filling. (If you have just pumpkin in a can, you will might need to add premixed pumpkin spice seasoning; or add cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, to taste. The pudding is already seasoned so you might find yourself pleased with the results as-is.) Whisk well, so it is evenly distributed and not clumpy.
- At this point you can do one of two things. If you want a simple two-layer pie, skip to step 4. If you want a three layer pie, spoon 3-4 generous spoonfulls of the Pumpkin/Pudding mixture into the Graham ready-crust and spread evenly. You want a relatively thin layer here.
- Add to your mixing bowl 1/2 of your Cool Whip tub, approx 4 oz, and mix with whisk. You don't have to be EXACT with this, because the leftovers will serve as topping; and you can't fit an entire half a tub on the top of the pie. So, be generous with this step. A little extra Cool Whip in the mix never hurt anybody.
- Now, take the Pumpkin/Pudding/Whip mixture and spoon it in to fill in the pie crust almost to the top.
- Use the remainder of your Cool Whip to make a topping for the pie. Smooth it with the back of your spoon. Sprinkle with a very light garnish of pumpkin spice seasoning, or cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, etc for a finished look.
- Let set in the fridge approximately 3 hours, or until firm.
Creamy No Bake Pumpkin Delight
Provided by: Mel Lockcuff
Total time: 270 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 15 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 1 pecan nut pie crust
- 3 cups Dream Whip (2 small packets)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces pumpkin purée
- 6.8 ounces vanilla pudding mix (2 small boxes)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Dream Whip filling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Serving Size: 1 g
- Calories: 302 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 30 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Mix the Dream Whip according to package directions, mixing the 2 small packets with the whole milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese.*
- Mix together the Dream Whip whipped cream, powdered sugar, and softened cream cheese.
- Spread about 3 cups of the creamy filling on top of your cooled pie crust in a 13″x9″ pan.**
- For the pumpkin layer, mix together the pumpkin purée, vanilla pudding mixes, whole milk, and pumpkin pie spice, until you’ve got a creamy pumpkin pie filling.
- Spread the pumpkin layer on top of the Dream Whip layer.
- Top the entire dessert with the leftover cup of Dream Whip, and sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- And that’s it! This recipe is so easy. Cover it and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.***