Breakfast - Scrambled egg and potato skillet recipes
Cheesy, smoky, rich, and savory: this is everything you want in a breakfast skillet The Texas-style flair is all in the addition of salsa, turkey bacon, crispy potatoes, and cheddar that blankets the soft curds of scrambled eggs This makes a great weekend brunch or a light weekday dinner served with a side salad and crusty bread. If possible use the large size hash browns for this, red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes can be used in place of hash browns.
Egg and Potato Breakfast Scramble
Provided by: Cookie and Kate
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- 6 ounces red potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed and diced. (Pam said four small red potatoes. I would dice up just enough to cover the bottom of the skillet in a single layer.)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten (I’d probably add another for good measure)
- Dash of milk
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup grated cheese (I used Gruyère)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped herbs (I used fresh thyme) OR a pinch of dried herbs
- Calories: 465 calories
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 446.8 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrate: 55.7 g
- Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 21.6 g
- Cholesterol: 298.9 mg
- Combine the potatoes, water, oil and salt in a 10-inch skillet. The author suggested a non-stick skillet but in my opinion there’s nothing a well-seasoned cast iron skillet can’t do.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for about five minutes, until the water has evaporated and the potatoes start to sauté.
- Uncover the potatoes and loosen them from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon until lightly browned, about five minutes later. If you’re using dried spices or herbs, add them now.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs with a dash of milk. Pour the eggs into the skillet, toss in the scallions and scramble until the eggs are just set. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and fresh herbs (optional). Give it a minute to let the cheese melt, then dig in!
Smoky Scrambled Egg Skillet with Potatoes & Spinach
EPISODE #454 - How to Make a Smoky Scrambled Egg Skillet with Potatoes & SpinachFULL
Scrambled Eggs with potatoes | Simple and Easy Breakfast Recipe
How to make Potato & Egg Scramble
Cheesy Potato Egg Scramble
Provided by: Aleksandra
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 3 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons heavy cream (or milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1.5 tablespoons frying oil (or clarified butter)
- 4 cups (600g) chopped cooked potatoes
- 2 oz (60g) ham, chopped into cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of aged cheddar and Gruyere)
- sour cream
- Calories: 485 kcal
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with heavy cream and Old Bay seasoning, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook them until browned on all sides.
- Add the ham and egg mixture to the pan. Cook briefly over low heat until the eggs are only partially cooked, they should not be set! Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the eggs and potatoes. Cover the pan with a lid. Cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked.
- Transfer the scramble to plates and serve with sour cream and chopped chives.
Texas-Style Egg and Potato Skillet
Provided by: The Incredible Egg
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 4 slices (4 ounces) turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, diced
- 8 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- Six 8-inch flour or whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until edges begin to brown. Add diced potato and cook, stirring to avoid any burning, potato is tender and browned and bacon is crisp, 6-8 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk until yolks and whites are fully combined. Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull them eggs across the pan with spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting, and folding the eggs until they have thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Avoid stirring constantly or vigorously.
- Gently stir in pico de gallo and warm until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over top of skillet and let melt. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with warmed tortillas on the side.
Cheesy Scrambled Egg and Potato Skillet
Provided by: Kittencalrecipezazz
Total time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- 10 -12 slices bacon (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 cups hash browns
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (unwhipped, can use milk)
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, chopped
- Calories: 694.1 calories
- Fat: 49.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 18.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 491.9 milligrams
- Sodium: 902.3 milligrams
- Carbohydrate: 33.7 grams
- Fiber: 3.4 grams
- Sugar: 4.1 grams
- Protein: 27.1 grams
- In a large skillet cook the bacon pieces over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in hash browns and continue cooking stirring until potatoes are browned and crisp (about 12-15 minutes).
- Add in onions, bell pepper and jalapeno (if using) continue to cook until veggies are tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- Skim some of the fat off if desired.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs with whipping cream until well combined; pour over the veggies/potato mixture in the skillet, then stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
- Cook over medium heat gently lifting portions with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath or until the eggs are just set (about 4-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, then let stand for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.