Spaghetti Casserole recipes - Main course
Young and old will enjoy this hearty dish and it will be one that they ask for time after time. A hearty Spaghetti Casserole filled with ground beef, onions, garlic, and sauce with a cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream and mozzarella mixture layered in the middle.
Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
Provided by: Lil' Luna
Total time: 65 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 9
- 1 16 ounce package spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 26.5 oz spaghetti sauce jars ((or marinara jars))
- Calories: 461 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
- Sodium: 454 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, then drain.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, add the ground beef to a large skillet. Cook, breaking into small pieces, until browned and cooked through. Drain the grease, then return the ground beef to the skillet.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, sour cream, garlic salt, oregano, and basil to the skillet, and stir to combine. Add the noodles and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese to the skillet, and stir to combine.
- Pour the casserole into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and browned.
Baked Spaghetti With Cream Cheese
Provided by: Beth Pierce
Total time: 85 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 14
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 ¼ lbs. ground beef (or sweet Italian sausage)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- chopped fresh Italian parsley
- chopped fresh basil
- Calories: 423 calories
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 824.9 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 28.7 g
- Cholesterol: 68.7 mg
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and return to the pot. Stir in one jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Meanwhile brown the ground beef adding the onion halfway through the browning process. Cook until the beef is browned and the onion is soft. Then reduce the heat to low and add the garlic cooking for 1 minute while stirring constantly. Add the other jar of spaghetti sauce and simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl using a hand held mixer blend together the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sour cream, and Italian seasoning. Spoon half the spaghetti noodles in the prepared casserole dish. Spread the cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella over the cheese mixture. Spoon the rest of the spaghetti noodles on top of the mozzarella.
- Spoon the ground beef tomato sauce mixture over the spaghetti. Top with the remaining mozzarella and the provolone cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with parsley and basil.
Layered Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
Provided by: RecipeTips
Total time: 105 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (26 ounce jar)
- 2 cans each) tomato sauce (8 ounce cans)
- 1 pack spaghetti pasta (16 ounce pack)
- 1 can 10-3/4) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese plus 1/2 cup extra on top layer
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until browned; drain grease.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Combine soup and sour cream.
- In 9x13 pan layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.