Breakfast - Spinach cheese mushroom egg casserole recipes
The sauteed mushrooms bring a delicious depth of flavor to this simple egg dish that you won't be able to get enough of! Both homey and healthful, this cheesy dream of a casserole is loaded with nutrients from spinach, and super savory and lip-smack-y from all the sautéed mushrooms.
Spinach and Mushroom Egg Bake with Ham and Cheese
Provided by: Nicole Cline
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 11
- 7 eggs
- 8 ounce pkg sliced mushrooms
- 30 spinach leaves - chopped ((a small handful))
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 2 green onions - chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt - to taste
- First, heat the olive oil and garlic in a saute pan. Then, add the sliced mushrooms. Saute them until cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the spinach, green onion, and deli ham. Add them all to a greased 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Next, shred 1/3 cup cheddar cheese and add it to the baking dish.
- Once cooked, add the cooked mushrooms to the baking dish and stir all of the ingredients together.
- Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, mustard, pepper, and salt (to taste) until they are light and fluffy. Approximately 2-3 minutes. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake the egg dish at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through.
Cheesy Spinach & Mushroom Casserole
Provided by: Carolyn Casner
Total time: 75 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package plus 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 ½ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Calories: 177 calories
- Carbohydrate: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Sodium: 301 mg
- Sugar: 2 g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened and starting to brown, about 4 minutes.Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring, until the mushrooms have softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add spinach, 1 cup cheese, eggs, milk, salt and pepper to the mushroom mixture. Stir until well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
Total time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 5
- 10 large Scrambled Egg
- 1.25 cup Spinach, cooked
- 2 cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms, fresh
- 1 serving 2% sargento provalone cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Calories: 193.6 calories
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Cholesterol: 281.7 mg
- Sodium: 197.2 mg
- Carbohydrate: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Slice the mushrooms, chop the green onion, and the cheese (if you aren’t using shredded cheese.)
- In a skillet, with a small amount of olive oil, and a splash of water, heat the spinach so it is barely wilted.
- Using another tbspn of olive oil, brown the mushrooms in batches. Don’t crowd the mushrooms! I did 3 batches with 1 pound, adding a touch of olive oil each batch.
- You’ll want to “grease” the pan to prevent sticking. We used “Baker’s Joy” spray.
- arrange the spinach in the pain, the the mushrooms, followed by the cheese. (if you have shredded cheese, its easier, but we chopped ours into tiny chunks.
- Beat the eggs in a container that is big enough to hold all 10 eggs. Season however you like.
- Pour beaten eggs over everything
- Bake for 24-30 minutes, till slightly golden brown.
- Serving Size: 6 squares
- Number of Servings: 6
- Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MINAVONDHOOM.
Easy Spinach and Mushroom Egg Bake
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 70 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
Number of ingredients: 8
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- Calories: 190 calories
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 120 mg
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Carbohydrate: 0 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms; cook 5 to 7 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add half the spinach, cooking after each addition 2 to 3 min. or just until wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cheese until blended. Add to spinach mixture; mix well. Spread dry stuffing mix onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with spinach mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until center is set and top is golden brown.