Side dish - Spoon bread recipe paula deen
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour the mixture into the casserole prepared casserole dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center of the spoonbread is firm and no longer jiggles. ...
Makes 6 servings Spoon Bread Southern Spoon Bread is a must in the South. The extra egg in this riff on the popular JIFFY corn casserole gives this version a creamy, almost souffle-like consistency.
Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
Provided by: Michelle
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 7
- 8.5 ounce package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 14.75 ounce can cream style corn
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Calories: 515 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 54 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 143 mg
- Sodium: 916 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 13 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour the mixture into the casserole prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center of the spoonbread is firm and no longer jiggles. (Please note that if you use a deeper casserole dish, your bake time could be longer.)
Cheesy Corn Spoonbread
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook milk and next 3 ingredients over medium heat. When bubbles begin to form around edges of pan, gradually whisk in add cornmeal and flour. Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, and whisk in butter until melted and well combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and cream with a mixer at medium speed for 4 to 6 minutes or until pale yellow in color. Gradually stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture until well combined; stir in corn and cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into cornmeal mixture, and pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Number of ingredients: 8
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for dish
- 2/3 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish.
- Combine the cornmeal, salt, and sugar and stir slowly into scalded milk in saucepan. Over low heat, blend in butter. Remove saucepan from heat and beat in egg yolks and baking powder. Let cool.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gently fold into cornmeal mixture. Pour batter into prepared mold and bake until puffed and golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Southern Spoon Bread
Provided by: The Southern Lady
Yields: 6 servings
Number of ingredients: 6
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups hot milk (I use 2%)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- Heat the milk on top of the stove until hot (do not boil).
- Add cornmeal and continue cooking for about 3 or 4 minutes until thickens. Remove from heat and mix in the butter and salt. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- While the cornmeal is cooking separate the eggs into two different bowls. Beat egg yolks and egg whites separately. Make sure you beat whites until stiff.
- Once cornmeal is cooled, add egg yolks mixing with a spoon. Fold in whites and spoon mix. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart sprayed baking dish and bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 45 minutes or until brown on top and center is cooked.